• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside from an Insider

taswira

"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!
Perhaps CM Mark Baratelli is on the DIS, but I just could NOT resist and this is a publicly accessible website . . .

He is an entertainer on the Wonder. Visit his home page <B><a href="http://www.markbaratelli.com/" target="index">HERE</A></B>..

<B><font color=C30003>IMPORTANT UPDATE 12/10/02 - - If you missed this when it was first posted, you are too late! The previous files have been deleted!</font></B> :(

Thanks for posting, very interesting!
What was that about in his journal about Disney Dreams ending around mid December! Or did I read it wrong? ( in the part about them doing a performance of it that was filmed to run on the stateroom tvs) Maybe he meant the film will be shown starting mid December, until it (DD) closes??

<B>perdidobay:</B> I believe Mark meant that they will start showing the film in mid-December and continue to do so until the show closes, whenever that may be.

The truly unpleasant news in his journal was from Nov. 29 where he said: "<I>A cast member told me someone next door to her is in quarantine for the Norwalk virus. So, apparently, it's on the ship</I>."

But it won't stop me from cruising next month. After all, it isn't coming from the ship, but from the <I>passengers</I>. We all just need to be as careful (and stay as CLEAN) as possible!

Shari

Thnaks Shari, I agree with you. Have a great cruise next month!

Anyone who missed the photos of Mark's room on the Wonder and his previous journals, looks like you are too late now! He appears to have deleted the old journal entires and the room pics when he updated his site today, but there are great new photos of him in costume and a new journal entry. :p

Hmmmm . . . maybe he IS a DISer . . . or someone e-mailed him about his "diary"?? LOL.

I saw it this morning, but just tried again to see his updates(;) ) and got a "File not Found" on this server" error message. I think he did pull it. Maybe although a showman, he didn't want his love life linked from a site like this.

So Taswira...What are you going to have for us tomorrow?:teeth:

<B>my3kids:</B> - Since he updated his site and the room pictures are gone, that one link gave you "File Not Found." I just updated my first post on this thread and changed that link to go to his home page. You can peruse the site from there. Some things are hard to find on it, but there is a lot of interesting stuff out there and he is posting new photos and new journal entries. And gee - I must have <I>missed</I> the "love life" part!

As for what I will have for you tomorrow . . uh . . How about NOTHING? :jester: I mean, I don't exactly <I>plan</I>, but if there is anything I think <I>might</I> be of interest, then MAYBE . . . :rolleyes:

nope, just tried the updated link and it does not let you in. File not found...and if you click on his homepage link, you get the same thing. I would not be surprised if the powers that be advised him to pull the site, or at least some of the content about the Wonder crew and crew area photos.

MJ

<B>MJ</B> You are <I>correct</I>! It worked for me last night, but as of this morning the only thing I can get to is the "<B><a href="http://www.markbaratelli.com/" target="index">directory</A></B>" with some folder that has nothing in it. Looks like either someone with the DIS reported it to him <I>or</I> Disney made him delete it. I don't think it would have been his own choice, as I think he was proud of the site and it was a good showcase for his work. My guess is he probably got bombarded with e-mail due to having his address on there also.

Disney frowns on (and that's putting it <I>mildly</I>!) anyone who reveals any of their "secrets." Some of their rules, such as not discussing how a fully costumed character stays cool enough to do an aerobics session in 90 degree heat, make sense. To keep a Cast Member from showcasing his work seems too restraining to me. However, I DO think he should not have revealed his room number or that someone had Norwalk on the Wonder. Those were mistakes in judgement but since it was a public site, I passed it on.

I HOPE he did not get into any trouble over this. It was a public website accessible to all, so I did not post links to a "top secret" site or anything. At least SOME of you got to see it ;-).

Some of their rules, such as not discussing how a fully costumed character stays cool enough to do an aerobics session in 90 degree heat, make sense.

I never thought about that! So WHAT IS THE SECRET? Are they actually NUDE under there?????;)

I have to confess --- I emailed him and told him how much I LOVED his website and was so glad that it was shared with us. Sorry, if I shouldn't have done that!:(

Originally posted by wovenwonder
I have to confess --- I emailed him and told him how much I LOVED his website and was so glad that it was shared with us. Sorry, if I shouldn't have done that!:(
I don't think it was because of that. :p

My guess is either someone on the DIS e-mailed and told him he should <I>not</I> reveal such things, or perhaps DCL's VP of Operations (who <I>sometimes</I> checks the DIS) got upset and put a stop to it, OR <I>possibly</I> he was bombarded with the <I>wrong kind</I> of e-mail from DISers. Who knows? I feel bad about it if that was the case, but I can live with my conscience over this since it was a PUBLIC site.

Maybe when I'm on the Wonder again next month I should wear a disguise! :jester:

That's funny, Shari, lol. Wouldn't you just die if he did approach you!

I LOVED what he did to his bedroom area! He has great taste. He's very interesting. I would love to know more about what these CM's do in their down time, where they go on the ship, etc. I remember being quite surprised when I went into Freeport. We all got into a Taxi (van). My son and I sat in the front seat and sitting in the seat behind us were 3 CM's from the ship. They were VERY pleasant and offered to help me with my children. I saw one of them the next day working at CC and he offered to take a picture of me without my children, telling me that it is important that our children have photos of their mothers. How his mother took hundreds of photos of them and they have only one of her. Just reminds you that these CM's ARE real people too! Then I saw another (very cute I might add) working in the MM store and he said 'Tammy, how was your day in Freeport'. I wondered for days how he knew my name and it finally occured to me that I think I introduced myself to the driver of the van, lol.

Tammy - I doubt very much if he would approach me. He is more likely to AVOID me! LOL. Still - People post websites hoping for lots of visitors. Sites are there to be seen. The "spiders" scrub the web, sites are indexed in search engines, and anyone can locate them. If he wanted it kept secret, it should have been a password protected, secure site (Are you listening, Mark?).

But I do know several of the CMs on the Wonder. I guess if I disguised myself, it would look suspicious!

Hey everyone,
I spoke with Mark just a few days ago, he was the host on Mouseketeer and I was a contestant, and I mentioned I spent time on the DIS boards. The next day he asked if I had looked on the boards recently since he was the subject of a thread (someone else had brought to his attention). I asked if it was a good or a bad thing, but he wouldn't give an indication either way, just said go check it out.

So Mark, I found it!!! And thanks again for being so hilarious!!! Now that I see this thread, how funny is it that I mentioned these boards to you in front of the whole audience?!?

To everyone who will be on the Wonder soon, make sure you make a point of seeing the shows ... Mark is excellent!

Hey everyone,
I spoke with Mark just a few days ago, he was the host on Mouseketeer and I was a contestant, and I mentioned I spent time on the DIS boards. The next day he asked if I had looked on the boards recently since he was the subject of a thread (someone else had brought to his attention). I asked if it was a good or a bad thing, but he wouldn't give an indication either way, just said go check it out.

So Mark, I found it!!! And thanks again for being so hilarious!!! Now that I see this thread, how funny is it that I mentioned these boards to you in front of the whole audience?!?

To everyone who will be on the Wonder soon, make sure you make a point of seeing the shows ... Mark is excellent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter