• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Inside from an Insider

<B>mivvers:</B> I think that although Mark may have been upset about his site being posted here, he should not have been. None of us said anything bad about him. I posted the link because I thought his site was very impressive, informative, and would be of major interest to Wonder cruisers here on the DIS. If it had not been a PUBLIC site, he would have every reason to object. I have several websites, including some that are quite personal. They get several thousands visitors (not just "hits") per week, so you can imagine what <I>I</I> am subjected to. I check my server log files regularly and can tell how people got there (from the "referrer"). Even <I>my</I> sites are linked from a lot of "boards" without my permission - and they are not nearly as interesting as Mark's WAS. If you post something to an insecure site on the World Wide Web, you should expect the "world" to find it! All I can say is, "<I>Sorry, Mark!</I>."

I didn't say anything about Mark being upset, but I'm sure he'll appreciate the apology!

I e-mailed him BEFORE I ever posted the link. He DID know that the "public" (and a TA at that!) had found it! What gave me the impression he was upset was his sudden deletion of the site. Maybe his superiors told him to remove it. In that case, I guess it should not have been out there in the first place. :confused:

I really would be willing to bet that his superiors asked him to remove it. I don't think that he would have directed mivvers to go and 'check it out' if he was offended by it. I'll bet he was flattered that someone actually found him as a person, and his interests to be interesting!

Shari, don't feel badly. Like you've said, it was a PUBLIC website and we have all linked to them before. No crime commited here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter