Inspired by the armadillo post: Spiders, snakes and gators at WDW?

ChefBilly

Go Pats!
I heard a story one time that someone nearly stepped on a snake at Blizzard Beach.
For some reason, I'm fascinated by these stories...

Have you ever seen a snake, spider, alligator, lizard or what some of us might consider exotic animal at WDW?

(Uncostumed, that is...) :p

Chef Billy!!!! I am heading out in 9 days for a solo trip without DH to 'take care of' the creepy crawlies. No freaking me out, OK? ;)

Although not exotic, we saw a young deer on a median near TTC in January. Thought it was an odd place since it was so busy and populated

Although, I did have a gecko in my room in a hotel in Clearwater. For some reason I am fine with lizards.

Originally posted by ChefBilly
I heard a story one time that someone nearly stepped on a snake at Blizzard Beach.

THAT WAS ME!!! Walking at BB, I went to stick my foot under one of the little sidewalk sprinklers, and EEK!:eek: a snake slithered right past my foot and slid into the lazy river! It freaked me out so bad! I did NOT go back in for a nice leisurely tube ride anymore that day. I shudder to think what happened when one of the unsuspecting tube riders found my little "friend" enjoying the ride with them.:eek:

Originally posted by grinningghost
THAT WAS ME!!!

I knew I had heard that story! :p
I also read one about seeing a snake swimming through Splash Mountain.
I think I'm fascinated by it because I have a HUGE phobia of snakes and spiders.

We were in the lazy river at either BB or TL and there was one swimming in there. I am absolutely terrified of them. DH was out of there sooo fast, I couldn't move. I was literally scared stiff!
We have also seen them at MK. (I can't even spell out what them is!)

Have never seen any gators, but have heard stories.

I did see a gator in the waterway by the BCV. Right by the bridge going to the parking lot. He ws still sorta small and I was told he had been there during the whole construction of the Villas. A couple of construction workers liked to visit him on their lunch hour. They called him their mascot :)

I have never seen a snake THANK GOODNESS!

Snakes FREAK me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by debster812
[B\I did have a gecko in my room in a hotel in Clearwater. [/B]
That's a good thing! :) They'll eat bugs. I would think the crowds at Disney might keep the snakes, aligators, etc. away, but you ARE in FL! Their home. :teeth:

Originally posted by gemmie214
I have never seen a snake THANK GOODNESS!

Snakes FREAK me out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I occasionally see one in the yard. And there was a coral in the garage a few years ago that I got the former sherrif down the street to get out. Just recently I had someone come fill in the old hot tub with dirt, lay down sod, etc. He showed me a snake he killed that had gotten into the liner of the spa cover. Yikes! Thank goodness it was dead already. After I went out to take a look at things and the sod was down, he then told me that he buried the dead snake in the hot tub! Gee...that kind of kills my idea to put a lawn set there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :mad:

When River Country was the only WDW water park I saw a snake under my lounge chair. I told a life guard and all these people came running to catch the poor little thing.

This past November we had a blast watching the gator in the canal from BCV. We could see him from our balcony. We counted 7 turtles living with him.

We had ducks almost come into our villa at BWV when we were on the first floor and left the patio door open.

I've seen many geckos and we pass at least one armadillo on the road every trip down there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter