Insta Cart

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
Has anyone done Instacart? We like to get milk and cereal for our pre-park breakfasts and some snacks to carry with us. With Instacart, do we have to be there or can they deliver to the resort like at Disney? If they can deliver to the resort can they put items in a refrigerator? Have people had good experiences? I know it’s more expensive but if it’s convenient it would be worth it to us. Thanks.

I don't know if they can deliver to the resort staff, as I met the driver to take delivery. I did have to show ID to the delivery guy, as I had alcohol in my order.

You choose a 1 hour time window for the delivery. The delivery status shows up in the app. When the driver is on the way their car shows up on a map in realtime, much like when you request an Uber/Lyft ride. They even have a text service that allows you to communicate with the delivery person. My guy messaged me when the store didn't have the adult beverage I had chosen asking if I wanted a to pick something else.

If I don't do a car service with grocery stop on my next trip in December, I will be using Instacart again.

I don't know if they can deliver to the resort staff, as I met the driver to take delivery. I did have to show ID to the delivery guy, as I had alcohol in my order.

You choose a 1 hour time window for the delivery. The delivery status shows up in the app. When the driver is on the way their car shows up on a map in realtime, much like when you request an Uber/Lyft ride. They even have a text service that allows you to communicate with the delivery person. My guy messaged me when the store didn't have the adult beverage I had chosen asking if I wanted a to pick something else.

If I don't do a car service with grocery stop on my next trip in December, I will be using Instacart again.

Thank you for the info. I’ll have to look into some things like how late they deliver. Then I suspect it’s going to be a game time call since our car service will do a grocery stop (but I hate wasting time at a grocery store).

I was debating between Instacart or Orlando Grocery Express. I think I'm going to do Orlando Grocery Express. Check out their website, they are more geared to hotel deliveries and explain the process more throughly than Instacart. But it also says Portofino and RPR are the only 2 that will hold deliveries, if you are at CBBR, HRH or SF then the have to personally be there between 9am-11am as those hotels won't hold grocery deliveries. We will be at Portofino so it works out they will hold the order.

I was debating between Instacart or Orlando Grocery Express. I think I'm going to do Orlando Grocery Express. Check out their website, they are more geared to hotel deliveries and explain the process more throughly than Instacart. But it also says Portofino and RPR are the only 2 that will hold deliveries, if you are at CBBR, HRH or SF then the have to personally be there between 9am-11am as those hotels won't hold grocery deliveries. We will be at Portofino so it works out they will hold the order.

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was looking for! We are staying at RPR so we can have groceries delivered to bell services. You’re right that Orlando Grocery Express has more info on their site so I feel better about that. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter