• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Instacart vs Safeway vs Garden Grocer

msaseifert

Hooked on Disney
Help! I am getting conflicting messages about these services. We are headed to Kidani in July, we always get groceries - we drive to the store and get our own. Until this time....we found cheap flights so decided to just fly so we have no car. I created an Instacart & the total was $450- this includes alcohol ( a lot of it). I then went into Safeway and put the same items in my cart. it was about $50 cheaper with a $20 off coupon. At this point price wise Safeway seems to be the way to go. We arrive in MCO at 3:45, I was hoping to have a one hour delivery at around 6pm-7pm. I'm willing to go with Instacart and pay the higher price if the customer service is better… Any thoughts? Would love to know what others experiences were. Thanks!!!

Instacart may deliver for Safeway, they do for other stores.

:earsboy: Bill

We have used Instacart a few times and have been happy with it. However it is helpful to be within text range/contact while your shopper is shopping. They text you if certain things are unavailable and you have the option of selecting an alternate item. I think if they cannot communicate with you and cannot get exactly what you asked for they are going to leave it off the order but I’m not positive about that. The shoppers are independent contractors AFAIK. All of ours have been good. We have had the odd glitch-an item missing- but it has always been dealt with to our satisfaction. We were also very happy with Garden grocer but switched primarily for pricing considerations. Their customer service is excellent.

We have used Safeway the past few times we have been to wdw and been more than happy with them. I have used garden grocer in the past but the prices are out of control. Never used instacart. Safeway has always delivered in the window I have chosen. They have dropped it off at bell services which worked out perfectly for us but I am sure they would be happy to meet you personally if you so chose. We have gotten a variety of items, fruits, vegetables, frozen items, alcohol and always been happy with the order. We will continue to use them as our first choice

Check out the new Walmart grocery delivery for another option. Here is a first review of it on the Mousecellanous board.

UPDATE ON USING WALMART DELIVERY

Hey Everyone... sorry about not updating. I forgot!!!

It went great. Learned a few things but overall Iwould use them again.

Door Dash was the company that actually delivered it. First I scheduled it to be deliveredbetween 6-7pm. My flight was to land at 5:30 so I thought that would perfect. It would be been hadmy flight not been delayed.

They called just as I landed at 5:55 saying they were ready. I said just leave it with Bell Serviceonly to find out I had to be present to sign for it (still on the call when I found this out). I haveused Amazon in the past and never had to bethere so I didn't realize that I had to be there. Sowe pushed back the order for an hour. The issue came up that their system still have deliver to BellService so when she arrived she went there to delivery. I was at Old Key West so Bell Service was a ways away from our room and we didn't have acar.

Thankfully she said she would bring it to the roomafter she called once she arrived at Bell Service. Ihad tried to text the number that informed me of the delivery but it was an automated system and Ididn't have a number to call.

Once that confusion was fixed she brought thefood to my building and even helped me carry it up to the second floor. The women that delivered it was super nice and said this was her first Disney delivery but expects to do it a lot more as theyjust started delivering for Walmart about a week before.

Overall I would do it again and the price was great (Walmart prices). One thing that I didn't like wasthey wouldn't delivery without me there to bellservice and with flying that sometimes is achallenge. Amazon will leave it so that is nice.

Hope this helps everyone. To order you have to goto Walmart Grocery- https://grocery.walmart.com/Right now they have a free delivery code to get the delivery free!

If my memory is correct, you have to go to Bell Services when they deliver to sign for the alcohol.
Do you have to be present for Garden Grocer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter