Insurance Companies..

Mackey Mouse

Me read the Navigator? I don't
Can I just vent here for a second??

Today the ins company that does my husband's disability ins from his job called us to discuss how he is doing...............he said do you have some time to talk to me.. I am thinking, hey buddy, call the doctor and get the medical information from him, I am busy, it is Christmas...

But no, stupid me, I sit down to answer his questions......then he tries to trip me up, because I said to him the cancer is back.....he said, I did not know he was in remission... so I said back to him.. this is pancreatic cancer, there are very few remissions, you have times when you feel well and you are going along ok as your organs are not being attacked by the floating metasases...(sp) but it does not go away, it is there, you may have had two good months......with a break from chemo, but then you are back fighting again..

I was pretty annoyed and said contact my husband's oncologist and he will explain his condition to you. Grrrrr

:grouphug: I am sorry you had to deal with him. You did the right thing by telling him to contact the doctor.

Mackey Mouse said:
Can I just vent here for a second??

Today the ins company that does my husband's disability ins from his job called us to discuss how he is doing...............he said do you have some time to talk to me.. I am thinking, hey buddy, call the doctor and get the medical information from him, I am busy, it is Christmas...

But no, stupid me, I sit down to answer his questions......then he tries to trip me up, because I said to him the cancer is back.....he said, I did not know he was in remission... so I said back to him.. this is pancreatic cancer, there are very few remissions, you have times when you feel well and you are going along ok as your organs are not being attacked by the floating metasases...(sp) but it does not go away, it is there, you may have had two good months......with a break from chemo, but then you are back fighting again..

I was pretty annoyed and said contact my husband's oncologist and he will explain his condition to you. Grrrrr

I work for a disability lawyer and we have several clients that have long term disability insurance and they give them a fit, they tell them that they have to apply for Social Security Disaiblity and as soon as they are approved they stop paying because some policies are written that if you receive SSA Disability that they don't have to pay you anymore. I can't believe that they actually believe that people can go back to work while still in treatment for things. The insurance companies actually sometimes have people watching claimants as well trying to find them out painting the house, changing tires etc, cause they think everyone is trying to rip them off. That makes me so mad I could spit.
I wonder how they can sleep at night.
I am sure that you and your husband would rather him be healthy and back working than to be going through what you are going through and then to have to deal with someone that is cold and heartless it awful.
I had thought about buying some ltd ins but now that I have seen what they put people through I don't know if it is worth it or not. I guess it is, but if you are sick you really don't want to fight with an insurance company.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks Mom....actually DH's company has it written that he continue to collect this ins that he had paid for......they shrunk the pay out the best they could making him apply for SS when he was so sick with chemo that we could barely get him to the office...and he also gets his pension that he paid for all these years too.....so it is a small payment that they have to pay, but they do not want to pay it.. I just want to type a bad word here but then it would be filtered out, but they are nasty..

We did take long term insurance before Tom became ill and pay dearly for that, and it would be if he needed care at home....or myself instead of going into a nursing home.. I bet that is a joke too and I will never be able to get any help from that.

This is the part I feel sorry for.. the people who do not understand they are entitled to benefits and the ones that they bamboozle out of it......the ones that might not be spry enough to fight.. GRRRRRRR

Most Long term disability plans do have the offset provisions that reduce the payment if you get soc sec disability....but what I think is even more a shame is when they offset a regular pension that you were entitled to whether or not you were healthy or disabled!! GGGRRR is right Marsha. :rolleyes:

When DH and I were looking at our financial plans a few years back, (my DH is almost 12 years older than I) we were encouraged to consider longterm care insurance (as opposed to the longterm disability income ins) too, at least for him, sounds like your policy for the purpose of help with in-home or perhaps nursing home care....but we decided against it after thinking through all the issues with him being older, and we decided to save the cash instead in some IRAs....who knows, it's a gamble either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter