Inter-island testing locations on Oahu

Volgal77

Earning My Ears
So, I know we should have booked this differently, but it's too late to make any changes now. Having said that, we're spending our first week on Oahu and then the next week on Maui, so currently we'd need to test again before going to Maui. Does anyone know of any convenient/affordable/good places to test on Oahu? I'm really hoping there will be some changes before we arrive, but I want to have a plan if that's still the case. I'm planning to use Walgreens and do the ID NOW test before we go to Oahu, but can't see that it is available anywhere in HI, even though it's listed under the Inter-County heading on the HI travel website. Thanks for any help! :wave:

The airport has a testing site. Not sure of the details as we can't inter island travel yet (I live here on Oahu and my spouses job won't let him) but several people have said the airport.

The airport has a testing site. Not sure of the details as we can't inter island travel yet (I live here on Oahu and my spouses job won't let him) but several people have said the airport.
Thank you!! I’ll definitely look into this option! :)

So, I know we should have booked this differently, but it's too late to make any changes now. Having said that, we're spending our first week on Oahu and then the next week on Maui, so currently we'd need to test again before going to Maui. Does anyone know of any convenient/affordable/good places to test on Oahu? I'm really hoping there will be some changes before we arrive, but I want to have a plan if that's still the case. I'm planning to use Walgreens and do the ID NOW test before we go to Oahu, but can't see that it is available anywhere in HI, even though it's listed under the Inter-County heading on the HI travel website. Thanks for any help! :wave:
I'm with you and the planning- I want to island hop for just a day, but these requirements are making me less likely to want to. I'm afraid that I will test positive before my inter island flight and then have to quarantine for the remainder of my trip :headache:

this is a MAJOR risk of island jumping and one of the reasons why we are sticking to only one island for the next year or so as the penalty of testing positive while there is significant

I'm with you and the planning- I want to island hop for just a day, but these requirements are making me less likely to want to. I'm afraid that I will test positive before my inter island flight and then have to quarantine for the remainder of my trip :headache:
Yes, I'm definitely nervous about that! I've really just decided that we aren't going to keep waiting to take trips as long as we safely and legally can. My oldest is a sophmore in high school, so the limited school breaks/time before college is weighing heavily on me!

Yes, I'm definitely nervous about that! I've really just decided that we aren't going to keep waiting to take trips as long as we safely and legally can. My oldest is a sophmore in high school, so the limited school breaks/time before college is weighing heavily on me!
Agreed! We have just adjusted vacation plans based on what has been open and what has been closed, but Covid hasn't stopped our travelling. Kids are only young once! I'm fully aware there are risks out there, but there will always be, and you can't get time back.

When are you going? They are talking about bypassing that for intra-island travel (Kauai notwithstanding) starting April 1 if you have been fully vaccinated.

When are you going? They are talking about bypassing that for intra-island travel (Kauai notwithstanding) starting April 1 if you have been fully vaccinated.

April 1, LOL. We are not going to get the Covid vaccine though, so we'd still have to test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter