Interesting article, Disney may have finally exceeded the price people will pay

I am an adult (who never goes with children) and I absolutely hate WDW's fastpass system. It only works for people staying on property (and even then, I would still hate it). I hate the level of planning ahead WDW wants everyone to do. I'll take DL and making my plans on the day of over WDW any time.
I can totally agree with those sentiments! When fastpass plus came in I thought it sounded great, but it is soooo tying. Gone are the days of just wandering around looking for things to do that looked fun...

People say "It's not the cost, I hate all the planning I have to do." But if the cost was low enough, they'd put up with the planning.

Well, speaking for myself, it is absolutely the overplanning that sucks all the fun out, and I feel their Fastpass+ system sucks. I would gladly pay more money to have a bit lower crowds and not have to plan everything (which I don't anyways - but if I wanted to get all the good rides I would have to). This is why I will pay for an After Hours party and really just skip doing any days at all at WDW. Disneyland is different and hasn't been totally ruined yet. Hopefully it never follows in WDW footsteps.

I can totally agree with those sentiments! When fastpass plus came in I thought it sounded great, but it is soooo tying. Gone are the days of just wandering around looking for things to do that looked fun...

I truly think Fastpass in general is bad for the guest experience. It practically takes a degree to master it at WDW (not to mention staying at their overpriced properties). What was wrong with the days when everyone just had to line up for the rides they wanted? Fastpass completely skews the time other riders have to wait for rides. I don't remember ever having to wait enormous amounts of times for rides (even the popular ones) even during crowded times. Everyone should just be treated equally and forget the fastpass nonsense. It really doesn't save the time people think it does. I fully accept that it is never going away though, but I will never think it "improves" things.

Many thanks. I don’t think we’re asking for much. Just a fair deal. I am pleased you had a great time. It was quite interesting that all the areas the anti smokers complained about at WDW were now completely empty. I thought the biggest killer was obsesity? Disney gonna stop selling cup cakes?
Actually, I think it’s heart disease & cancer so both definitely associated with smoking.

Well, speaking for myself, it is absolutely the overplanning that sucks all the fun out, and I feel their Fastpass+ system sucks. I would gladly pay more money to have a bit lower crowds and not have to plan everything (which I don't anyways - but if I wanted to get all the good rides I would have to). This is why I will pay for an After Hours party and really just skip doing any days at all at WDW. Disneyland is different and hasn't been totally ruined yet. Hopefully it never follows in WDW footsteps.
I didn’t mind the planning at first & used to enjoy it. But, it’s almost impossible to do with a young child. So you spend mos planning & kid sleeps thru FP & you can’t easily r/s it.

I honestly think the smoking ban effect on the parks won't really be visible until a year or 2. I know my husband and I are going to Disneyland on our anniversary. We will see how it effects my husband's time at the parks.

Many thanks. I don’t think we’re asking for much. Just a fair deal. I am pleased you had a great time. It was quite interesting that all the areas the anti smokers complained about at WDW were now completely empty. I thought the biggest killer was obsesity? Disney gonna stop selling cup cakes?

They still let you smoke on their property so you are getting a fair deal. Consider yourself lucky, many places don't allow it at all.

They still let you smoke on their property so you are getting a fair deal. Consider yourself lucky, many places don't allow it at all.

Not sure “lucky” is the term I would use. 😂 I mean they do still charge the big bucks. Besides, for anyone it really bothers, there are other options. So we just take our $ elsewhere. Doubt they care about our’s but I am curious now if it has made a change in attendance.

Not sure “lucky” is the term I would use. 😂 I mean they do still charge the big bucks. Besides, for anyone it really bothers, there are other options. So we just take our $ elsewhere. Doubt they care about our’s but I am curious now if it has made a change in attendance.

I meant lucky in the sense that they still offer an area for smokers to smoke.
I can't think of anywhere I've been in recent years that still allows it on their property, even open spaces like parks. WDW could have gotten rid of them all together but they didn't.
I don't know the percentage of smokers at WDW but if it is large enough and the majority of them decide not to visit it could make a dent. That is if there aren't a bunch of non-smoking families filling in the gaps.

I meant lucky in the sense that they still offer an area for smokers to smoke.
I can't think of anywhere I've been in recent years that still allows it on their property, even open spaces like parks. WDW could have gotten rid of them all together but they didn't.
I don't know the percentage of smokers at WDW but if it is large enough and the majority of them decide not to visit it could make a dent. That is if there aren't a bunch of non-smoking families filling in the gaps.

Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens and Aquatica still allow it.

That’s the thing, when one person gets fed up with pricing, new policies or whatever, for Disney there is another right behind them that fills the gap. I think it would take awhile and several things to really put a big dent in the numbers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter