Interesting things to do between Florida and Ohio?

jxh1

Supreme God of All Things Disney!
Hey guys! In the spring my family and I will be driving down to Florida for a cruise and hopefully some relaxation, we'll be making the drive from Ohio (1000+ miles), on the way down we'll stop for the night to split up the trip, but on the way back we have a few days to work with but we aren't sure what to do with them! Does anyone have any interesting places to stop between Florida and Ohio? It will be 2 adults and 2 small children (ages 3 and 6). We can probably stretch out the drive home to 3 days if we can find some things to do along the way. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Chattanooga has lots of things to do. Rock City, Look out Mountain, ride the duck, the aquarium and 2 exits back in Georgia you can drive through the battlefields. Because the battlefields are National Parks the kids can do the junior ranger program and ear a badge.

Try this.... http://www.onthewayapp.com/

Type in your beginning and ending destination and it will find all sorts of things that you can do from places to eat, see and do.

On our recent vacation we went to Disney World first and then drove down to Key West (the overseas highway was a FUN drive!!) I used that link to help me find things to do along the way.

We get off the boat on Thursday and really don't need to be home until Sunday, it's Easter week so most things will be packed, instead of spending a few more days in Orlando we were thinking maybe it would be better to take a couple days to get home and make a stop or two along the way. Just looking for ideas.

Thanks

What is the route you are taking? If taking 95, there is DC and several locations along the way, Baltimore MD and Inner Harbor.

There are so many routes to take through so many different states its hard to answer the question!

Kelly

We drive from NE Ohio.

The Columbia Zoo in South Carolina is supposed to be really nice if you take that route.

If you go through Atlanta, the aquarium there is awesome. We're stopping in Atlanta on our way home from Disney in May :)

Mammoth Caves in KY is beautiful, but I'm not sure it's something your little ones are quite ready for.

I've not been, but have heard great things about the Chattanooga aquarium too. :thumbsup2

Mammoth Caves in KY is beautiful, but I'm not sure it's something your little ones are quite ready for.

I've not been, but have heard great things about the Chattanooga aquarium too. :thumbsup2

Not sure if it's on your route or not, but my family LOVES the aquarium in Chattanooga.

We drive from NE Ohio.

The Columbia Zoo in South Carolina is supposed to be really nice if you take that route.

If you go through Atlanta, the aquarium there is awesome. We're stopping in Atlanta on our way home from Disney in May :)

Hi there!! Hello Neighbor! We are also from NE Ohio (Plymouth).. between Shelby & Willard. We are driving for the first time end of may / first week of June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter