• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

International owners -extended points

Ruttangel

BCV AKV BWV VGF DVC Owner
I had over 100 points expiring 31st Jan that were extended until 31st May 2022.
DVC MS let me know that it will take up to 7 days for the points to load and then they can match against an existing booking.
Ive booked a rental for April which should get allocated these points. I'll let you know how I get on, let me know if you are doing this too and any issues

I had 63 points extended... I waited over a month and they never were loaded into my account. I ended up calling, and MS just allocated them to an upcoming reservation and freed up 63 current years points for me to use.

I had over 100 points expiring 31st Jan that were extended until 31st May 2022.
DVC MS let me know that it will take up to 7 days for the points to load and then they can match against an existing booking.
Ive booked a rental for April which should get allocated these points. I'll let you know how I get on, let me know if you are doing this too and any issues
Thank you for posting. I have Feb use year too and I had 105 points extended. Did you call to ask about your points? I have a reservation to change points around for March and really didn't want to have the points freed up just to go into holding...

Last edited:
Thank you for posting. I have Feb use year too and I had 105 points extended. Did you call to ask about your points. I have a reservation to change points around for March and really didn't want to have the points freed up just to go into holding...
I’m in the exact same boat .. Feb points that are being extended that I’d like to reallocate to our March trip. We check in Mar 2 so really hoping it doesn’t take too long for them to process !

I’m in the exact same boat .. Feb points that are being extended that I’d like to reallocate to our March trip. We check in Mar 2 so really hoping it doesn’t take too long for them to process !
I decided to give them a call tomorrow just to ask about those points and then every other day... just in case. I'll report back. Probably will have the same 7 day loading period mentioned previously, which is perfectly fine for me... not the 1 month period reported

Thank you for posting. I have Feb use year too and I had 105 points extended. Did you call to ask about your points? I have a reservation to change points around for March and really didn't want to have the points freed up just to go into holding...
Yes, I called in a few months ago when I realised it would be impossible to use the points. They put the request on file back then. I was told the points would be allocated back into my account by 7th Feb and could be used against a booking before 31st May

Did anyone receive an extension past 31st May?
Not that I’ve heard of… my cousins (also international) just canceled their March trip and were told the bulk of the points will still expire May 31.

MS did tell me (and my cousins) that they are being extremely lenient with holding these days.

Instead of calling I connected with Member Services through chat yesterday and I was told it would take 2 weeks for the extension process to be complete. As soon as I see my points I'll report back here to let you know.

I have a Feb use year…been told points will automatically appear if my account over the next week. They will only allocate them to an existing reservation if you call up and request it. You need to wait until your points are in your account before they will do this. Any freed up points will be returned to the current use year and can be banked if required

Also got the message that points should be in my account by end of this week, will appear as June UY RIV points which is odd as I can’t book RIV being a white card nobody.
They said it would be done by end of first full week from start of UY, so if 1st Feb was Monday it would have been done by 5th but as it was a Tuesday it’s going to be 11th Feb?...?

Also got the message that points should be in my account by end of this week, will appear as June UY RIV points which is odd as I can’t book RIV being a white card nobody.
They said it would be done by end of first full week from start of UY, so if 1st Feb was Monday it would have been done by 5th but as it was a Tuesday it’s going to be 11th Feb?...?

The extended points are coming from the points owned by DVD and they have used what they own at RIV all along.

The system won’t let you book RIV with them..at least that is what most have reported..but it is where they have the points to give owners.

The extended points are coming from the points owned by DVD and they have used what they own at RIV all along.

The system won’t let you book RIV with them..at least that is what most have reported..but it is where they have the points to give owners.
Yes, the booking it will go against is already booked at AKV, just providing information that it will show as a separate contract in the membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter