International travel restrictions

https://news.paxeditions.com/news/airline/how-plane-seats-could-look-after-covid-19
Check out these possible new airline seating arrangements! Interesting.

This website is quite interesting. Has all forms of travel information under Latest News at the top.
Interesting, but probably not practical. The simple shield approach doesn't provide for 'touch' protection, and for the most part, would be useless as any form of protection, and just be in the way. The second concept would probably be better at a true 'social distance' on the plane, but there's a reason why seats face forwards, and the flight attendant's jump seats that face backwards have 5 point harnesses. All of those rear facing middle seats would require 5 point harnesses for those passengers.

Interesting, but probably not practical. The simple shield approach doesn't provide for 'touch' protection, and for the most part, would be useless as any form of protection, and just be in the way. The second concept would probably be better at a true 'social distance' on the plane, but there's a reason why seats face forwards, and the flight attendant's jump seats that face backwards have 5 point harnesses. All of those rear facing middle seats would require 5 point harnesses for those passengers.

Obviously nothing will be perfect.

I can't imagine any of those flight configurations flying with a child, I mean my kid gets air sick (it's all in his head but I don't think anyone else wants to deal with him throwing up even if it's not from any virus). I can't imagine that will be how the future looks, at least not forever. I guess we'll see. I do not want to have to drive to Florida for vacations, I guess maybe vacations won't be happening in the future.

Aside from the germ issue. I would love it if they put a partition from top to bottom. Its twofold, if I am with my kids, it would be sweet to have something to deflect the non stop talking directed my way 😉 . A legit thing for me is if they had the guards it would stop large people's thighs and butts touching me on my seat because their body goes under the arm rest. Not sure what the answer will be but I am looking forward to the solution that allows me not to be touching other people on a plane. Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket ticket prices. Not sure how the airlines will be able to afford to have so many empty seats without raising prices to account for the personal space for everyone.

United used to have rear facing seats in business class. British airways still does. Neither had/have five point harnesses.

United used to have rear facing seats in business class. British airways still does. Neither had/have five point harnesses.
I did not know that, and I've flown to client sites for the past 20+ years. Must be the difference of business class vs the coach seats I'm required to buy. :D

I can see some people choosing to travel even if it included a 14 day quarantine if they're able to work from home upon return. I think many offices are finding their staff are able to successfully work from home.

I can't imagine any of those flight configurations flying with a child, I mean my kid gets air sick (it's all in his head but I don't think anyone else wants to deal with him throwing up even if it's not from any virus). I can't imagine that will be how the future looks, at least not forever. I guess we'll see. I do not want to have to drive to Florida for vacations, I guess maybe vacations won't be happening in the future.

this was my first thought too. traveling with a kid of any size is going to look so different...

Aside from the germ issue. I would love it if they put a partition from top to bottom. Its twofold, if I am with my kids, it would be sweet to have something to deflect the non stop talking directed my way 😉 . A legit thing for me is if they had the guards it would stop large people's thighs and butts touching me on my seat because their body goes under the arm rest. Not sure what the answer will be but I am looking forward to the solution that allows me not to be touching other people on a plane. Hopefully it doesn't skyrocket ticket prices. Not sure how the airlines will be able to afford to have so many empty seats without raising prices to account for the personal space for everyone.

I hope the solution is a bit fairer to everyone.

I want to be able to talk to my kid on flights. I want to be part of the fun, and I want to be there to provide comfort when he needs it.

I also can’t imagine what these kinds of partitions would do for anyone with claustrophobia. Plus safety questions about managing emergencies...these are big barriers that will make air travel difficult for people with any mobility limitation.

Most airlines already have different fare categories that allow for more space, if that’s what works best for you. Lower categories already limit space to the extreme, without some kind of inflexible barrier between seats.

I hope the solution is a bit fairer to everyone.

I want to be able to talk to my kid on flights. I want to be part of the fun, and I want to be there to provide comfort when he needs it.

I also can’t imagine what these kinds of partitions would do for anyone with claustrophobia. Plus safety questions about managing emergencies...these are big barriers that will make air travel difficult for people with any mobility limitation.

Most airlines already have different fare categories that allow for more space, if that’s what works best for you. Lower categories already limit space to the extreme, without some kind of inflexible barrier between seats.
Actually, the rear facing middle seat would still work ok for that. The rear facing middle seat would share the walkway, and face towards, the front facing window/aisle seats of row 16. So it'd be kind of like being seated across from your kid. I actually really like the concept for that reason, and would love to see them implement it if it was deemed crash worthy, but it would also be the most costly, so probably the least likely to be implemented.

Instead, the approach I see is probably more like the notice I got from American recently, stating that all passengers were required to wear masks, combined with 'enhanced cleaning procedures', which I assume to just mean spraying everything down with disinfectant between flights as an enhancement to their usual quick clean approach of only picking up visible garbage, and not really cleaning the planes between flights.

But still, I'd love to see that rear facing middle seat come to fruition one day, as that approach would make those middle seats more bearable, and would probably really open up the planes.

Really cheap airplane fuel?

Actually, the rear facing middle seat would still work ok for that. The rear facing middle seat would share the walkway, and face towards, the front facing window/aisle seats of row 16. So it'd be kind of like being seated across from your kid. I actually really like the concept for that reason, and would love to see them implement it if it was deemed crash worthy, but it would also be the most costly, so probably the least likely to be implemented.

Instead, the approach I see is probably more like the notice I got from American recently, stating that all passengers were required to wear masks, combined with 'enhanced cleaning procedures', which I assume to just mean spraying everything down with disinfectant between flights as an enhancement to their usual quick clean approach of only picking up visible garbage, and not really cleaning the planes between flights.

But still, I'd love to see that rear facing middle seat come to fruition one day, as that approach would make those middle seats more bearable, and would probably really open up the planes.

I get what you’re saying. it almost reminds me of riding a train in europe—seats face forwards and backwards with more space overall between the rows because of the spacing.

I would love if the partition goes all the way down. Hate when strangers thighs are up against me. And my last flight I was sitting next to a man who was not overweight but had Very broad shoulders that took some of my space. I was leaning out to the aisle. Lucky for me the guy in the window seat was moved to first (was Gold status or something) so broad shoulder guy moved to window. He was in middle so couldn’t have been comfortable for him either!
Lord the airlines just cram us in like sardines. It never used to be that way! Now flying is miserable. I’d drive if it wasn’t so far. Not driving croscountry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter