Internet on the Fantasy?

BelleWannabe4

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I am thinking about booking a VGT room on the Fantasy. The only catch is that I will likely still need to work a few hours per day because it's late notice, but being on a cruise and working remotely is better than being at home :) How is the internet service on the Fantasy? When we last cruised on DCL in 2016, the internet was so bad we never tried out a package. I'm willing to pay for whatever package is the best in order to be able to connect via VPN.

Thanks!

We got the middle tier one in January and it was not bad. I get it so I can check my ring cameras at home to check on my doggies. My 20 year old brother stays with them, but it is still reassuring to be able to see them.

I was just on the Dream and internet was fine but it would not work with a VPN

It'll work well enough. It slow, so you'll have to be a bit patient. But I had to do some work and schoolwork on a cruise once, and was able to do both. Not sure I would bank on doing any video calls, though (at least not with your video on).

Keep in mind too, that it's not always the ship itself that determines the quality of internet, but the ship's location. Just like cell service, there can be internet dead zones. If you're doing a VGT on the Fantasy then you're doing a Caribbean itinerary, so you should be okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter