{iNTERNET} Onboard Questions..laptop?

*love*2*shop

DIS Veteran
I have a few questions please..We are 1st time Cruisers leaving next week...I Am going to Get the 89.99 UNLIMITED INTERNET..can I USE A laptop in my room to check mail and what is the connection> OR Do i have to use the puters supplied? ANY INFO>..the more the better

Not sure about hooking up in the room, I thought I saw an ethernet port, but not entirely sure. You can use your laptop in several areas (mostly Deck 9 and 10) on Magic and surf wi/fi. It's not so much reliable (wireless connection drop too much) on the Mex cruise we took recently, especially on sea days.

The unlimited package only allows you to use their computers, not wireless. I have only seen wireless offered on a per minute fee. I thought I read a post that someone used wireless from their verandah, but that is not advertised as being availalble. Was probably a location near an access point & they were able to pickup the signal. The ship is not very signal friendly, many people have had problems with walkie-talkies being able to work, so wireless internet in cabins would require a major amount of $$$

We were in cabin #7568 on the August repo cruise and I surfed the net from my verandah on 4 different nights both way out at sea and in port. I didn't discover this until the second week of the cruise. We were not offered any unlimited packages on that cruise. I will tell you that the wireless and internet cafe packages are not interchangeable. My DH used the cafe terminals and I used my laptop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter