Interval Getaway weeks in Orlando Area- Can we book?

lizziepooh

DIS Veteran
Has anyone been able to book a cash getaway week thru Interval in the Orlando Area? I am being told by Member Services I can't book a getaway week within 30 miles of Orlando because I own DVC in Orlando. Last January I booked a week at Sheraton Vistana. Has something changed?

If it appears in search results, it's available for the quoted cash price.

I'm crazy addicted to Interval Getaways ever since I booked a 2bd/2ba for a week at a Marriott VC for less than $60/night. I was even able to add it to my Bonvoy app/account the next day (I read somewhere that the info is faxed over from II to MVC for processing).

I feel like having access to getaways and even shortstay getaways as we are considered interval gold members is not advertised by disney enough. It is a huge perk and there are some GREAT 7 day stays around the world and country to be had if you look frequently.

Even right in Orlando you can snag a nice 2 bedroom for $400-800 for a whole week.

I have booked two weeks for this September in a resort near Universal in a 1BR using II getaways (paying around $50 a night). So it definitely can be done. Maybe MS referred to using points, which I would never use.
I also stayed in a 3BR in the Marriot resort near Disneyland Paris the first week of December last year. It was an amazing deal at about $600 for the week. Getaways are absolutely amazing and a great perk.
But shhhh, don't tell anyone! We don't want it to become popular.

Book online, where you can check availability and destinations.
The Marriot in Paris usually has availability just 1 or 2 months in advance maximum, so it's difficult to plan for it. Orlando in September had a lot of availability months in advance, being very low season, but some resorts published availability starting in June. So it's a better perk for people who are looking for or can use last minute availability.
Another perk is that we do not pay for a guest certificate. Usually you'd have to pay an extra (I think the the region of $150) to give the week to others, but it's free for DVC members. Taxes are added when paying, so add a few % to the price you see when browsing the listings.

Has anyone been able to book a cash getaway week thru Interval in the Orlando Area? I am being told by Member Services I can't book a getaway week within 30 miles of Orlando because I own DVC in Orlando. Last January I booked a week at Sheraton Vistana. Has something changed?
Definitely false. We booked a getaway week at Vistana this past Easter. It was a great deal too, $572 for a two bedroom Easter week.

Definitely false. We booked a getaway week at Vistana this past Easter. It was a great deal too, $572 for a two bedroom Easter week.
May I ask you a question how many points did you exchange for that price? If that’s how it works lol. We own at Hilton head but we’re thinking we may want to use some point to stay at a Marriott property in Hilton head instead and use some points for Disney. I’m sorry if it’s a dumb question we are brand new resale owners and both Disney and interval don’t seem to be helpful with answers. Thank you for your awesome response

May I ask you a question how many points did you exchange for that price? If that’s how it works lol. We own at Hilton head but we’re thinking we may want to use some point to stay at a Marriott property in Hilton head instead and use some points for Disney. I’m sorry if it’s a dumb question we are brand new resale owners and both Disney and interval don’t seem to be helpful with answers. Thank you for your awesome response
No points used.
Open the II page from the link in the DVC members site and then click on "Getaways". The problem is that only less sought after weeks are published there. So it's very hard to impossible to fing sought after resorts and destinations there. The Orlando area is so overbuilt that it's easy to find something. Other resorts may publish just some availability just a few weeks in advance and you need to keep stalking to get them.
Using points would be easier to find better options.
I have no idea how popular HHI is, sorry.

Last edited:
Very difficult to find Marriott HHI trades or getaways during peak season in II (as Marriott owners have an advance priority over Disney owners, similar to DVC's internal home resort advantage).

I can see some Marriott HHIs available for trade in late November and December even with my non-DVC timeshare but most of the good stuff is held for Marriott owners. (unless you get lucky and something gets dumped at the last minute that you can use...)

Orlando is overbuilt with timeshares so plenty of great opportunities there if you don't mind being offsite.

As always, I would never recommend trading DVC points for most II trades (maybe Hawaii if available) as the value is terrible...

Getaways don't require you to deposit any points. I paid $572 total, including taxes and fees, without depositing anything, to stay at Sheraton Vistana for a week in a two bedroom unit over Easter. (Booking it directly through the Marriott website that week would have been over $2,000). You can sometimes find phenomenal deals like that on there, especially for the Orlando area. You just have to keep checking. The II acccount you get with DVC and ability to use it to purchase getaways is one of the best kept secrets out there.

I've seen some great getaways weeks in the Orlando area: Marriot's Sabal Palms / Imperal Palms; Marriot Grande Vista; Marriot's Harbour Lake, Sheraton Vistana Resort; Sheraton Vistana Villages, etc.

Very difficult to find Marriott HHI trades or getaways during peak season in II
...and the few that do show up during (arguably) prime season are not on the water. That said, I do see Harbour Point show up for exchange from time to time in late May/early June, and that would be quite nice.

Getaways don't require you to deposit any points. I paid $572 total, including taxes and fees, without depositing anything, to stay at Sheraton Vistana for a week in a two bedroom unit over Easter. (Booking it directly through the Marriott website that week would have been over $2,000). You can sometimes find phenomenal deals like that on there, especially for the Orlando area. You just have to keep checking. The II acccount you get with DVC and ability to use it to purchase getaways is one of the best kept secrets out there.

I've seen some great getaways weeks in the Orlando area: Marriot's Sabal Palms / Imperal Palms; Marriot Grande Vista; Marriot's Harbour Lake, Sheraton Vistana Resort; Sheraton Vistana Villages, etc.
I'll add Marriott's Royal Palms to that list as I've stayed there for ~$600. for the week in Oct. 2022.

Sheraton Vistana was easy to get in October for $352/week for a 2BR villa. We did that for three weeks in a row to finish out our parental leave last year!

I don't see anything in Interval worth booking. Am I doing this wrong?

Oh, I remember why I hate this. There's an "all inclusive fee" on the Mexico bookings that is like $600/night LOL.

Last edited:
Just completed a 1 week stay in a 2 bd/2ba at DSV1 in Palm Desert. $432, $479 after taxes. DSV1 has the advantage over DSV2 of being much larger units by 400sqft, and having included access to the JW Spa which we visited 4/7 days. Ridiculously hot, but didn't mind one bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter