Intro from a disabled mom and daughter

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
Hi everyone!

A year ago we moved to FL....I have been waiting and waiting to get our Disney Passes and we are finally getting them tomorrow!!!! Yeah!! I really miss CA and this will go a long way towards making me feel better about FL...anyway...

We are looking for other families to go to WDW with...here is the deal...

We live in Altamonte Springs. My daughter is 4 and disabled, I am also. In a pinch she can ride in my lap, but it is easier if she can be in her chair and I in mine. She's getting a little big to be in my lap.

I have arthritis and Fibromyalgia so on a good day I just have mobility and stamina issues on a bad I am in a lot of pain.

My dd has a bunch of diagnoses. She is adopted and her birthmother did a lot of drugs, alcohol, smkoing, etc. She has a g-tube (for feeding), she is speech limited, she has Cerebral Palsy (and will soon be back in braces, sigh), Fetal ALcohol Spectrum Disorder, Sensory Integration Disorder, possible Spina Bifida Occulta with tethered cord and a few others.

I noticed a lot of questions on this board that I am going to try to tackle alter on in the day. We are pretty good at how to navigate things with disabilites.

I am glad this forum exists!

We'd love to meet up with other families who have disabilities. MJ especially loves to meet other kids who have disabilities. If you are gonna be in FL, let us know! We mainly go on Fri and Sat (my dh's day off) but if you are going to be here anotehr day we can try to arrange something.

Welcome to disABILITIES.
Glad you found us and are finding the board helpful. :cheer2:

I also have fibromyalgia and am hard of hearing. I ;ive in So fla and frequently head for the parks on the weekend. Normally hit Animal Kingdom on Sat. Friday we drive up
Will be there from April 8 -11 for my next trip then again in July.
Would love to meet you. I have my own power chair now and it has been a real blessing.

We'd love to meet you!!! AK on the 9th sounds great! Do you have enough stamina to maybe do MK or Epcot after AK closes? SK isn't MJ's fave, she likes it, but the other parks appeal to her more. We do minimal sign with her, since her CP affects her left side she has trouble with a lot of sighns, she has a vocab of about 50 words in ASL. We are also hoping that she will talk at some point, tho if she doesn't start soon, she probably won't. She says one or two words at a time, but no sentences at all. We would probably be in a wheelchair with her on my lap, unless we can get our invention created by then. Let me know what you would like the schedule to be. DH is off on Fri, so depending on when you get here, we could maybe meet for a while that day. Where do you stay when you come? I wouldn't be able to do anything on Sunday since Andrew will have to work that day....tho he may have enough time off to take a day off. I am so excited to meet you. I haven't met any otheres here with Fibro, so I would love to talk dr's and things with you (I still haven't found a good one, sigh!) Ok, I will stop bending your ear now!

After AK we are going to Ft Wilderness to celebrate our 30th anniversary at Hoop Dee Doo. But would love to meet you. I go to all the shows that are interpreted so I pretty much follow that schedule. We will probably hit EPCOT on Friday as soon as we arrive and then we are going to Comedy Warehouse on Pleaseure Island for a few shows.

Great, let's talk times and stuff and I can PM you our cell phone number (as soon as I see if they found it...we lost it at MK) you could call us when you hit Epcot and MJ loves the shows, so that would be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter