Introducing Myself - Rob & Scott UPDATE! Randy Chapman pics!

mark and i used to go on dates to 8-trax. he opened that club as "the cage" years and years ago! i'm going to miss pi!

i'm going to miss pi!

Me too! It makes me sad to think that Disney has decided to put the bottom line ahead of the guest experience as far as Pleasure Island goes. Walt understood that if you build a great guest experience, the profits will follow. But making a "bottom line" decision NEVER works in reverse to create a great guest experience.

Such a huge mistake. :sad2:

OMG. Sounds like a good time... I am going to have to take a trip over and take a look!

Cool. Grab a silly hat and jump in!

As of today, it's one month to go!

:faint:

So much left to do.

Why is it that it's the little things that drive you crazy?

The big decisions like which location, and what food to serve. No problem. Decisions about what candy to fill the centerpieces with, driving me crazy. Why is that?

And while I may not be LurkyLoo and hitting so close to the minimum, I am proud to say that our original budget (back in Jue of 2007) is pretty much what we stuck to. We'll be only slightly over $25K when all is said and done. Not bad for 100 people and a dinner reception. Especially since it was up over $30K at one point, and we've worked it back down bit by bit. Our total expenditure with Disney will be less than $20K.

Okay, back to sorting out details . . .

That is great about your budget! Mine is out of control....I am working hard to keep it where it needs to be though! I hope you are planning a Wedding Trip Report!!!

That is great about your budget! Mine is out of control....I am working hard to keep it where it needs to be though! I hope you are planning a Wedding Trip Report!!!

I'll probably post it on the GLBT board and link it here.

Congratulations on meeting your budget! :cheer2: It feels great not to be worrying about overspending.

Isn't it fun puzzling out the little details? People keep telling me our guests won't even notice the details and that all the work I've put into the guest bags, etc. won't be appreciated nearly enough. How silly! I think every little decision adds up to the overall experience and you should have a great time choosing the candies. :hug: Enjoy this last month. I keep telling everyone that the planning and anticipation is just as important to me as the final product. Have fun!! :goodvibes

Did you know that you can customize m&m's? You can even put your face on them!

Check it out:

http://www.mymms.com/

Oh! You can even do the inside of the Dove candy wrappers.....

I do know that.

THAT'S what's driving me crazy! :lmao:

That and trying not to spend too much money on candy. I want to keep to the budget on that too!

Congratulations on meeting your budget! :cheer2: It feels great not to be worrying about overspending.

::yes:: It does good keeping to the budget! But I'm an senior accountant at a resort. If I couldn't manage to keep us close, we'd be in BIG trouble. :rotfl:

But not overspending? Well, I can't say I've avoided the dreaded overspend.

Technically, I think the whole Big Fat Gay Disney Wedding could be argued to be an overspend. :lmao:

But we're having a ball and it's gonna be one heck of a party! :woohoo:

I do know that.

THAT'S what's driving me crazy! :lmao:

That and trying not to spend too much money on candy. I want to keep to the budget on that too!

The dove ones didnt look too expensive.... I think it was three personalized candies in a nice box... 10 favors for $40.00

$4.00 a pop.... not so bad... my favors were $3.00 each and that was six years ago.... OH DEAR GOD.... SIX YEARS... I am going to be sick.

The dove ones didnt look too expensive.... I think it was three personalized candies in a nice box... 10 favors for $40.00

$4.00 a pop.... not so bad... my favors were $3.00 each and that was six years ago.... OH DEAR GOD.... SIX YEARS... I am going to be sick.

We're getting Wanderfuls, so we'll have to fill up the tubes with whatever candies we decide on. We should get the wanderfuls shipment this weekend, so we can measure how much each one will hold and make a decision that way.

OOOhhhh..... the Wanderfuls are prettttyyyy.....

What colors are you getting???

OOOhhhh..... the Wanderfuls are prettttyyyy.....

What colors are you getting???

They'll look like this.

Centerpieces.jpg

They should work really well at ADH.

We'll have these centerpieces for the 4 large round tables on the dance floor, then the small tables will each have the wanderfuls for two or three or four people (depending on how many seats the table has) standing up in the center of the table.

So pretty....

What a great idea! I think the m&m's would be great in there.... even if you dont personalize them, just order the right colors.... not personalizing would save a bunch of money and with a favor/centerpiece like that not many people would notice the personalization anyway...

So pretty....

What a great idea! I think the m&m's would be great in there.... even if you dont personalize them, just order the right colors.... not personalizing would save a bunch of money and with a favor/centerpiece like that not many people would notice the personalization anyway...

We thought about doing the colored M&Ms but we've got 120 of those Wanderfuls to fill. We're getting the 8 inch size. And a small bag of of the designer colored M&M are like $7! Too pricey.

We're leaning toward Hershey's kisses (which are what's in the picture) or Jordan Almonds (shhh! Don't tell Wendy! :rolleyes1 ).

We've always had Jordan Almonds at family weddings, so I wouldn't mind having them at ours.

Until we actually get the durned things in the mail, we can't make a decision. That's what's driving me crazy!

I don't wait well.:headache:

Sounds like you did wonderful on your budget considering so many guests and a dinner and dance party to boot - WOW!! :goodvibes I am looking forward to a great wedding recap from you :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter