Introduction

Cajun Firefighter

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

First time poster here. I decided I’d get things started by telling a little bit about my Disney experience and what has led me here. My first experience with Disney came in the summer of 1996. I was 13 years old and it was the year of the ‘96 Summer Olympics in Atlanta. My family decided it was a once in a lifetime opportunity so we made the trip from Louisiana to Georgia to witness history. After catching a few track and field events and a soccer game, we traveled down to Orlando to go to the most magical place on earth. Let’s just say that it was anything but … All I remember is it being extremely hot, extremely long lines and tons of B. O. Needless to say, it was a miserable experience and I was determined never to return. My current theory is that everyone else in the world had made the same decision to go to the Olympics in Atlanta then venture down to WDW while being in such close proximity.

Twenty years later as a married man with three sons of his own, my wife twisted my arm enough to get me to return so that my boys could experience the magic. I prefaced the trip by saying that it would be the one and only trip and that we would never be going back. Boy was I wrong. Our Mardi Gras 2017 was amazing, I finally experienced what all the hype was about. We were hooked. We went on to have another son, yes that’s four boys for anyone that’s counting, so that delayed our future trips a bit. We eventually booked a trip for June 2020. Well let’s just say that forces beyond our control prevented that trip from occurring. So post pandemic we book again for Mardi Gras 2022. Best trip to date. We had some close friends with us, and even though we each did our own things, it was an amazing trip. Since then we have been two more times. So that’s three times in the past year and can’t wait until our next trip.

So now Disney addicts, one of my close friends, who is one of the friends that was with us in 2022 and also a member of these boards but shall remain unnamed, talks me into training for a half marathon. So we start going down the road of training and of course a half is turning into a full even though we are a long ways away. So if we are going to do a full why not do it in the most magical place on earth. WDW marathon 2025 here we come, if we are lucky enough to get a spot from what I hear!

So in conclusion I’m here to soak up as much tips, tricks and motivation from all of you experts. I don’t know how much expertise I will be able to provide but I’ll try if the situation presents itself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter