Inventions & California Grill

TeamJones22

Cashback!
After having been to DLP a few times,i have my favourite places to eat and tend to go there all the time(Annettes Diner,Blue Lagoon,Sliver Spur Steakhouse,Sports Bar),but this time i have decided to go to places i havent been before,and ive read inventions and the california grill are two of the best restaurants in the whole of DLP.But do people feel ok eating there if your not staying at the hotel? Do u have to be staying at one of the DLP hotels to eat there?

No, you must not stay at the DLH nor at a DLP Hotel. Just go to the restaurants or City Hall and make reservation.

Greets Renate :wizard:

Welcome to the Dis, Teamjones :)

Hope to see more of you planning for your trip!

TeamJones22,

Anyone can eat at Inventions or California Grill, doesn't matter if you are staying at any of the Disney hotels or not. I cannot recommend Inventions enough. We had a character meal there in May and it was by far the best food that WE have ever had in the park. While we always eat at Blue Lagoon it is for the atmosphere not the food as we have never been overly impressed with the actual food. I can't comment on California Grill as have never dined there. Hope you enjoy your visit.

Just to add that I loved both of those restaurants, and they are my two favorite in all of DLP. You'll have a great time. :flower:

thank you very much for you help with my questions.I know exactly what you mean with the blue lagoon,me and my friend only go there for the atmosphere as well.Unfortunately the seating for two is a bit romantic for two heterosexual male friends,but still! I look forward to bothering you all again with more questions soon!

Hi

We ate at Inventions on Wednesday evening. The surroundinds were sophisticated but the atmosphere was very relaxed. The presence of the characters kept everyone amused, they came around all the tables so everyone had their moment. The food was very good but not to everyones liking - loads of seafood and very rare beef ! Also veal and poultry.
The starters were much more to my liking, the fruit was some of the nicest I have ever tasted and the cold meats and mackerel were superb, I have been quite happy to just eat the starters for the whole evening. I'm not a lover of sweets at the best of times. It was a good experience and well worth doing - not sure that I would do it again but I'm glad that I have done it

Hi! We were at Inventions twice during last week trip, we liked it so much that we went again on our last day! The price (35€) is absolutely reasonable considering the quantity and quality of food. The waiters were fantastic with us and our baby, and we felt perfectly welcome, even if we were not staying at the DLH.

I also recommend the California Grill, unless it changed since Dec'03

Unfortunately, our last dinner at the Blue Lagoon (last Sunday night) was not nice. Service, to be totally honest, was c r a p. It took our waiter 15 minutes to bring us a pot of hot water and a bowl to prepare some food for the baby (and you know what a hungry baby is). We were put in the probably worst table of the restaurant, with a view on a bottle of spray cleanser plus dirty cloth, even if one good third of the tables were free (we had booked in advance). The food was nice, but not enough to forget the service... the drinks and food arrived 20 minutes after being seated, and then one after the other in a rush. It was the very first time in a Disney restaurant that a waiter brought us the check without being asked, and this less than an hour after being seated... well, I don't know if we are going back again, honesty :confused3

ElenaP

My opinin of food in general at DLP is low, the food is generally not that good, however Inventions is quite good. It also has the advantage of being a buffet so you can have what you want and as much as you want.

Dinner cost us 46 euros each and 25 euros for DS not including drinks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter