• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Invertor for car

Lanshark

<font color=red>Peace be still<br><font color=purp
We have a tv/vcr combo for the car. Has anyone bought an invertor to run a video game system through the TV. I've been told radio shack carries them and you can obviously hook any system up that you want to. It simply hooks up to the lighter in the car and then the video runs into the tv.

Since we already have a playstation2 I thought my DS would have a lot more fun with that then something like a Game Boy Advance that's pretty hard to see in the car, even with a light.

I just noticed that this was my 1000th post

Congrats on the 1000th post!

Sorry, no help on the question, though.

62 days to go

Just got one there the other day. It was $29.99 plus tax. My kids had to try it out with their GameCube, and it works just fine!

Paula

I bought one at Big Lots and we have plugged our N64 into it with no problem. You might want ot check the prices at target if you have one near by. I saw soem for a good price a while back when I was looking for something on the same isle.

I'll need to check it out. They are $70 at radio shack for 140 volts. I'll have to see the requirements of the playstation 2. I am sure it would be the same for the Game Cube and the 64.

The inverter I got at Advance is 150 watts. GameCube is about 40 watts. Playstation is probably about the same wattage. To give you some idea, a 20" TV/VCR combo uses about 120 watts, laptop pc uses about 90 watts and a CD player uses about 65. The price at Radio Shack sounds high, though. You might want to look around, unless you're crushed for time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter