IOA in 1 day?

Djsbride

Mouseketeer
I used to be a FL resident and lover of IOA. Sadly I moved out of FL 11 years ago and haven't been ever since. We'll be at WDW for 7 days next week and have park passes only for 2. Since the weather will be cooler than anticipated, I don't think my boys will be swimming as much as I originally thought, and instead of adding another disney park day, I'm thinking of going to IOA for 1 day instead. Since I haven't been in what seems forever, my kids ages 11 and 9 have never been and my husband is not a power walker, how doable is it to get the most of it in one day? Specifically we'd be going next Monday the 7th. We won't be having the express park, I'll see if I can get a disability pass at universals as we have one for Disney for my 11 year old.

You should be able to do all the highlights and have time for some exploring. Monday in early Feb with chilly temps should be a pretty low crowd day, I would think. Have a rough plan of attack, and download the UO App to help keep an eye on ride wait times.

Jurassic Park River Adventure should be fine, but only ride Dudley Doright log flume & Popeyes barges if you are prepared to be soaked. Also not a bad plan to avoid the front row of JP unless you don't mind a more heavy spritzing / possible wetting - the rest of the seats keep you fairly dry, just mild spritzing above the waist (and wet bum from sitting).

Enjoy a long enough lunch to recharge - that could be at an actual sit down (Mythos or Confisco Grille in IoA are both good options) or just taking your time with a quick service meal. You can also head out to City Walk for a lunch break too. Sitting, eating, and resting for an hour or so does wonders to get your second wind.

ENJOY HAGRIDS!

1 day would be plenty of time to get everything done at IOA. As suggested, keep an eye on wait times via the app. The wait times seem to bounce up and down quickly. For instance, right now flight of the hippogriff has the longest wait at 50 minutes, while Velosicoaster is at 35 and Hagids is at 45, thats crazy that the kiddie coaster has the longest wait in the park.
Single rider can also be a good time saver if you don't mind to split up.

You should be able to do all the highlights and have time for some exploring. Monday in early Feb with chilly temps should be a pretty low crowd day, I would think. Have a rough plan of attack, and download the UO App to help keep an eye on ride wait times.

Jurassic Park River Adventure should be fine, but only ride Dudley Doright log flume & Popeyes barges if you are prepared to be soaked. Also not a bad plan to avoid the front row of JP unless you don't mind a more heavy spritzing / possible wetting - the rest of the seats keep you fairly dry, just mild spritzing above the waist (and wet bum from sitting).

Enjoy a long enough lunch to recharge - that could be at an actual sit down (Mythos or Confisco Grille in IoA are both good options) or just taking your time with a quick service meal. You can also head out to City Walk for a lunch break too. Sitting, eating, and resting for an hour or so does wonders to get your second wind.

ENJOY HAGRIDS!
Thank you! I do not want to get wet at all so I appreciate the heads up.

Check out the layout map of the park and get a brief description of the rides and shows

It will be helpful so you know In advance what will be on your must do list

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter