IOA Newbie Seeks Help

ParrotHead

Earning My Ears
Gang,
I will be taking my nephew on a trip to IOA this summer (this was his choice).

I'm a Disney expert, but know squat about Universal. In particular, I'm looking to get the best possible price on a hotel room and tickets.

The plan is simple. I'm thinking we may go down on a Sunday, chill at the hotel that day, spend all Monday at IOA, spend Monday night at the hotel, spend Tuesday at Wet 'n' Wild, spend Tuesday night at the hotel, then head home Wednesday.

So what we would need is 3 nights at the hotel, 2 tickets to IOA, and 2 tickets to Wet 'n' Wild. Now... What's the least expensive way to do this?

I see that Wet 'n' Wild has tickets for FL residents for $21 each.

It looks like maybe Universal also has some FL resident discounts. I'm looking to stay in one of their hotels, so we can jump to the front of the lines. When will the Royal Pacific be open? We're going in June...

Call the hotels and see if the Entertainment rate is available for the dates you want to go. If it is, go to www.entertainment.com and buy a book. The hotels also have FL resident discounts, AAA discounts, Fan Club discounts. Call and see what's available.

the new hotel opens in june and seems to have better rates than hrh though i dont know which one will have better amenities ect good luck and enjoy your trip we just love ioa&us
margaret.

RP opens June 18, I believe. It's what they call a "soft opening" in the biz, which means there may be some wrinkles in the service and amenities. I remember when PBH opened there were workmen all over putting on finishing touches.

Ask for saving $$$, check your local AAA office (if you're a member) for deals on tix to both IOA and WnW. In Orlando, pick up some of the throw away mags and lookf for coupon deals to WnW. You might also ask WnW if your IOA ticket gets you any discount, since Universal owns both parks.

If you stay at RP, WnW is (longish) walking distance.

Hm... We're going to be there the first week of June, so I guess we'll have to stay at a different resort.

What's the Hard Rock like? What's its theme, and how's the pool area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter