• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

iOS 7 Now Available

I have the 4s

I ran the update this morning from about 6:30 am to 7:45 am on my home WiFi when no one else was using it. :thumbsup2 everything went smooth as butter.

My 4s is almost two years old, so the battery isn't great to begin with, so I honestly didn't notice much of a difference in the battery life today.

Reporting back on battery life, I haven't noticed any real difference in battery life out of a days use. I used my phone like I normally have previously on the iOS6 and haven't noticed any differences on the iOS7. However, I have read that there has been reports of the battery life being reduced with the new iOS7. How's battery life for everyone else?

I haven't noticed much of a battery drain today, about the same as usual - I don't use it a ton during the day, though.

My son has an iPad 2 through his school and installed iOS7 yesterday. He hates it.

I don't own any iOS devices (I'm an Android guy) so I can't really give an opinion.

Not real tech savvy. Can you guys explain how to correct these things? Would be very much appreciated :)

Theres a few things to turn off...

1) Background App Refresh
2) Location services(Location Based iAds, Popular Near Me)
3) Airdrop(iPhone 5+ only)
4) Parallax

that should save u a bunch of battery life...

Please be aware of a security risk if you have your control center set to open on the lock screen. A certain set of gestures can let someone access your emails, photos, social network accounts. This can only happen if your control center is set so it can be accessed from the lock screen.

Apple is aware and working on a fix.

I spoke with my friend whose 4 crashed. She said she was able to restore it, but some of her apps no longer work and she can't delete them. She said she will probably upgrade.

I jokingly told her, maybe this is Apple's game to crash the Iphone 4 so everyone is running to upgrade to the 5s or 5c! ;)

I will bite the bullet and upgrade later today when I can be at home for a few hours. I played with the iOS7 update last night on my daughter's 4s. It has some cool features. I like that you can now block texts and phone numbers. I like that in a text message you can create an event.

I think my iOS7 wish list for updates will be that you can change the white background to a different color. My old eyes would like a softer color. ;) Or if there is a way to do this and I just did not get to it yet, let me know.

I love this thread. Keep the tips coming.

I spoke with my friend whose 4 crashed. She said she was able to restore it, but some of her apps no longer work and she can't delete them. She said she will probably upgrade. I jokingly told her, maybe this is Apple's game to crash the Iphone 4 so everyone is running to upgrade! ;) I will bite the bullet and upgrade later today when I can be at home for a few hours. I played with the iOS7 update last night on my daughter's 4s. It has some cool features. I like that you can now block texts and phone numbers. I like that in a text message you can create an event. I think my iOS7 wish list for updates will be that you can change the white background to a different color. My old eyes would like a softer color. ;) Or if there is a way to do this and I just did not get to it yet, let me know. I love this thread. Keep the tips coming.

I have the 4 and so does my daughter. We both did the update yesterday and have had no issues. All our apps work just fine and our battery life is the same as it was before the update. We both love our phones and don't actually want to upgrade to the 5.

I just updated last night. I really like it so far. Not sure if I'll upgrade to one of the new 5's, but I'm enjoying io7 on my 4S.

Last Christmas I got the newest version of the IPad, it technically is not 4, but it has the new screen. I am reluctant to upgrade, but if it gives my IPad a better battery life. My battery drains in one day. I had the old IPad 1 and I could go 3 days before I needed to charge the battery.

I have a 4 and did the update yesterday and it went just fine. I don't know about the battery life because I don't use it much anyway. Not sure I like the looks of it, but once I get use to it, I will be fine.

I have the 4 and DH has the 5. I started the update about 20 min before he did and his finished about 30 before mine. It is going to take some getting used to. I don't do well with change.

OK, I figured out how to cancel out and I'm just sticking with my last upgrade to my iPhone 4 :thumbsup2 Not worth the stress!!

DH's 5 got a message last night that it was available and I told him to hit Dismiss. But overnight it apparently went ahead and updated on its own. I know because he woke me at 5:30 am to have me go through the setup screens! He was a little irritated to have things be different.

I haven't heard from him since so hopefully he is not having issues. Tonight I will check on those battery saving measures. 90% of the time he only uses it as a phone/text, so extra features matter little to him. We turn off all kinds of things in order to save battery and data.

I'm still on the fence. I was ANNOYED this morning when I noticed songs that were in my iTunes library were suddenly appearing on my iPhone 5. I had to go through the channels to delete them only to have them reappear seconds later. I had to connect my phone to the laptop (which I never have to do thanks to the cloud) and tell the phone to NOT transfer items to my iPad or iPhone.

I HATE the new calendar on the iPhone, but the one on the iPad is easier to read. Killing apps is still a pain, I would rather push an "x" then swipe up. There's STILL not one button to kill them all.

I like the built in flashlight, no longer need the app holding up space. Love the new camera along with the new sounds and wallpaper.

I'm just waiting on the new update for the latest update. Cause you know its coming!

They were in cloud but now they aren't on my ipod. I went to the apple store yesterday to get help. the person showed me how to hide all the movies and did the same for the songs but the songs still didn't go away.

My DIS boards app will not load since my update. It keeps telling me the connection timed out. I even deleted the app and reloaded it. Is anyone else having that problem?

I am not having that problem. I updated both my iPhone 5 and my iPad and can use the Disboards app fine.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I use Safari to access DIS and I'm noticing that everytime I log on I have to sign in. That's been going on since the update, it automatically logs me out.

I am not having that problem. I updated both my iPhone 5 and my iPad and can use the Disboards app fine.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thankfully it is working normal for me today. Yay!

Theres a few things to turn off...

1) Background App Refresh
2) Location services(Location Based iAds, Popular Near Me)
3) Airdrop(iPhone 5+ only)
4) Parallax

that should save u a bunch of battery life...

Thanks for the tip, I am trying those. I noticed a slight decrease in battery life since upgrading, hopefully those tweaks will make up the difference. I am all for saving battery. I start to get all jittery and nervous when I dip below 50%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter