• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

iPad 2 case??

TwingleMum

DIS Veteran
I just bought my DS an iPad2 for Christmas. I was going to get an Otterbox Defender case but it got bad reviews. Any suggestions??

The turn tablet (made by the same company that makes the Etch A Sketch case). The advertisement video shows the ipad falling to the ground twice while in the case and it comes out unscathed.

www.getaheadcase.com

I just bought my DS an iPad2 for Christmas. I was going to get an Otterbox Defender case but it got bad reviews. Any suggestions??

Same with us. Hubby has an Otterbox Defender case for his Blackberry. It is 6 months old, and he has already had the case replaced...5 times! He is a banker who sits at a desk all day long. There is a serious design flaw in the case, and that is why Otterbox just keeps sending out new cases. It's ridiculous, as this latest case lasted 3 weeks!

I have another Otterbox for my Blackberry, and it's fine, but we are not going to get the Defender for the iPad either.

I see lots of cases, but not many that protect the sides, especially for small children.

I will check some of these out as well - problem is that we are in Canada, so we are restricted with what is available.

Good luck in finding the right case! Tiger :)

Thanks I am getting it for My youngest DS who is Autitisc and non verbal so it needs to be able to take abuse. Its really a stretch to get it but some Autistic children do great with the iPad so I'll do anything for him that will possibly help him. Say a pray for some good old fashion Christmas miracle :santa:

Thanks I am getting it for My youngest DS who is Autitisc and non verbal so it needs to be able to take abuse. Its really a stretch to get it but some Autistic children do great with the iPad so I'll do anything for him that will possibly help him. Say a pray for some good old fashion Christmas miracle :santa:
The ones I listed are mentioned very positively by people with children with disabilities. I have also seen one called Aidata SpinStand case that looks promising, although I have not seen a lot of reviews of it.

Don’t know if you saw these, but might be interested:
60 minutes story: iPad for communication for people with autism

“Autism” apps from Autism Speaks

10 Great apps for people with autism

iPad: a useful Tool for Autism

Thank you Sue. I did see them. I have been researching for awhile my DS is 8 and really good with computers and PECS so I'm hoping it will be a good fit. His twin brother is typical and very bright. Yesterday he said to me "Mom do you think if I didn't ask for anything for Christmas Santa would help Declan speak." Well after I tried not to cry I told him how lucky I was to have a fantastic son like him and how lucky Declan was to have such a great brother. I told him that some people are born with differences and that we just love them for the wonderful people they are and try to help them as best we can. I told him Santa knows how special he and Declan are and if it was at all possible Santa and God would help Declan speak but for now we just have to love him and help him as best we can.

The ones I listed are mentioned very positively by people with children with disabilities. I have also seen one called Aidata SpinStand case that looks promising, although I have not seen a lot of reviews of it.

Don’t know if you saw these, but might be interested:
60 minutes story: iPad for communication for people with autism

“Autism” apps from Autism Speaks

10 Great apps for people with autism

iPad: a useful Tool for Autism

Thank you Sue. I did see them. I have been researching for awhile my DS is 8 and really good with computers and PECS so I'm hoping it will be a good fit. His twin brother is typical and very bright. Yesterday he said to me "Mom do you think if I didn't ask for anything for Christmas Santa would help Declan speak." Well after I tried not to cry I told him how lucky I was to have a fantastic son like him and how lucky Declan was to have such a great brother. I told him that some people are born with differences and that we just love them for the wonderful people they are and try to help them as best we can. I told him Santa knows how special he and Declan are and if it was at all possible Santa and God would help Declan speak but for now we just have to love him and help him as best we can.
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter