• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Iphone 7plus case

2disneyboys

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure if this the right board to post my question, so if it needs to be moved, or deleted that's fine.

For all those out there with the Iphone7+ - what cases' do you have, or do you recommend?

I don't really care about the "design" of the case, it's more - I want something that will provide the best protection to the entire phone, with the least amount of bulk. As a bonus, my kids are grown and have their own phones, so it's not like I have to protect it for a toddler or young child's use. My past phones have always had a lifeproof //otterbox type case on them and when they (the phone) eventually died, the phone itself looked brand new.

Thanks for your help!

I just checked and it looks like I have a "Tech 21" case. I bought it at the Apple store on the day I got my phone. I got my phone on release day, so there weren't many options. I chose it because it was pink, and I like pink. :)

Honestly, I don't think a protective case is really necessary anymore. I've completely destroyed my phone twice while it was in a protective case - both times the protective case couldn't have done anything to protect it because it took a hard strike directly to the screen (lesson learned: keep your phone out of the kitchen when you're cooking dinner). We keep AppleCare for that reason.

The members of my family that have had dropping issues went to the Ballistic Urbanite or Ballistic Jewel cases. They've used them for the 6, 6 plus, 7 and currently 7 plus with no breaks or cracks. They've used all the other cases otterbox speck etc. If you're prone to dropping, the Ballistic is the way to go. And they're very reasonable $15-$40.

I just checked and it looks like I have a "Tech 21" case. I bought it at the Apple store on the day I got my phone. I got my phone on release day, so there weren't many options. I chose it because it was pink, and I like pink. :)

Honestly, I don't think a protective case is really necessary anymore. I've completely destroyed my phone twice while it was in a protective case - both times the protective case couldn't have done anything to protect it because it took a hard strike directly to the screen (lesson learned: keep your phone out of the kitchen when you're cooking dinner). We keep AppleCare for that reason.
I use an otterbox commuter on my 5s. My phone looks brand new and doesn't have a scratch on it, because the case takes the abuse when it is dropped, not the phone. I will be upgrading soon and will be getting the same case. I would never use a phone without a case.

I like Speck cases. The handful of times I've dropped my phone (including hitting a running treadmill and flying across the gym) they have bounced. I keep Otterbox Commuters on my kids phones. They're tough but slim.

Thanks guys -- I appreciate the feedback -- I don't typically "drop" my phone a lot, but it makes me nervous to have a $700+ device without some sort of protection. Thanks Again!

Other family members and I use Otterbox Commuter cases on all our phones. Never any damage to the phones. I also had Otterbox Defender once. Even more protection but more bulky.

Used to use Otterbox, now use Lifeproof. My 6 was in a lifeproof for 3 years and looked brand new when broken out of it. I've dropped it, and put it underwater. Love their cases. The 7' plus cases are still somewhat hard to find for some reason. Both my kids have regular size 7's, and they like Speck cases. They both laugh my phone looks big. I don't care. Both have scratched their protective glass covers they both use. My screen cover, no scratches at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter