iPod Classic

astrodrummergirl

The DLRP ads are taunting me!!!!!!
Hi, I know its not really about the podcast but I'm sure you guys know what I need to know.

I'm thinking of buying an 80GB iPod Classic and am wondering what people think of it.

Does it mess with the music on the computer hard drive, will it stay mp3 and will I still be able to use it with other mp3 players and media players on my PC?

Is it good for using with the podcast?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give

I use an 80GB iPod Classic and love it. I'm a teacher so I keep pictures, videos, and all kinds of stuff on it for using here in class. It also has my whole music collection and podcasts on it. It works great!

I have an 80 gig classic and I love it.

Somethings to keep in mind...Apple just released the 32 gig touch and the 16 gig iPhone.

Have you ever loved something and hated them at the same time?:lmao:

And they ALWAYS wait until a month after I adopt one of their products.

okay...back on track....

The 80 gig is great.

Kevin

I have a 60 gig iPod Classic and love it. Of course, I had the same problem as Kevin. A month after I got my 60 gig Apple discontinued it and replaced it with the 80 gig for the same price. Ce la vie.

However, I wasn't going to get an iPod Touch until they increased the hard drive...and of course they have. Hmmm....a machine just for my Disney music, Disney videos, the Podcast, and the DIS? Hmmm....

I have the 30gb video Ipod (which is essentially an older generation of the Ipod classic) and it works fine...just about any mp3 player that has been released in the past 3 years works fine with podcasts...the advantage of staying with the apple brand is that the itunes software is more user friendly.

I've the 60Gb classic. Have on it every CD we own imported to the library and a lot of iTunes downloads. That plus 3,000 photos, videos and podcasts (both audio and video).

I don't think you would be disappointed with the 80Gb :)

I have an 80 gig classic and I love it.

Somethings to keep in mind...Apple just released the 32 gig touch and the 16 gig iPhone.

Have you ever loved something and hated them at the same time?:lmao:

And they ALWAYS wait until a month after I adopt one of their products.

okay...back on track....

The 80 gig is great.

Kevin

I love the 32GB Touch, but sadly at the equivilent of $600 its just a weeeenie bit out of my price range. The touch is beautiful, but 16GB just isn't enough space for me and I really don't use my phone enough to want a iPhone. It seems the classic is the iPod for me as the Nano has too little space, and everytime I look at it I think I'm going to snap it. Also, the classic will be quite an upgrade from my Creative Zen Micro 6GB. The only upside of it at the moment is the fact that it is DISunplugged Orange!

I bet my maths teacher will be really happy that he's converted another student to apple. He is an apple maniac and at least one of our lessons every week turns from differention, integration and further trigonometry to apple products.

I wanted an ipod, and DH bought me the Classic. The bigger the better, right? I love it. Like it lots better than DD's nano.

Well, I got it. One 80GB iPod Classic in black. Now just trying to figure out how you sync them since iTunes is not picking it up. :confused:

The ipod classic is a good choice. It does not change the format, for itunes just organizes your music, it is actually somewhere else on the computer. If want the ipod classic now, I suggest get it. If you can wait for a few months, I bet the ipod touch will have lower prices. Ipod classic is a great choice now though.:thumbsup2

Well, I got it. One 80GB iPod Classic in black. Now just trying to figure out how you sync them since iTunes is not picking it up. :confused:

make sure you install the software before you hook the ipod up to the usb port. You may need to restart your computer after you've installed it. It should pick the ipod up a few sec's after you connect it

I finally got music (and podcasts) on it! Now, I can either be on the internet or using the music on my external hard drive.

When you are using Podcasts, it will denote which ones you have and have not listened to by the dot next to the podcast. Also if you stop a podcast mid listen, it will remember and when you go back to it it will start from that spot.

I have the 80 gig classic myself and love it. Alot of Disney music can fit on it to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter