iPod speaker or alarm clock docking station recommendation please

pantherlj

DIS Veteran
Anyone have input on a good docking system for a soon to be 13 year old? I don't know a thing about them. Not even sure if I should go with just speakers or an alarm system of some sort so open to all suggestions. Do you have to take the cover off your iPod for them or can some accommodate the case?

I would like to stay under $50 but will go higher if I won't get OK quality for that (like I said, clueless about them).

Thanks

My kids have a small ihome alarm clock with a speaker. It fits an ipod touch or an iphone. Depending on the case, you can leave it on.

The model they have is called the spacesaver. Amazon has it for just under $50.

We have a different model/ company one that can also charge our ipads. It was around 70 but is also bigger with a slightly better speaker.

Hi! My husband bought a Logitech that we take when camping and it's usually stowed in the kitchen so I can :dance3: while cooking. I liked it so much, I bought myself one for my office at work. It's rechargeable, which means it is very portable and convienent. I highly recommend it. Price fluxuates on Amazon (where we got both of ours) but averages around $50. Well worth it. http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Rech...OZ7G/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1339169865&sr=8-7

I also have the radio/alarm option on my iHome on my bedside table. http://www.amazon.com/iHome-iP92BZ-...82/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1339170064&sr=8-16 Had it about three years and it's been WONDERFUL. It averages around $100, so of course a diff in cost than the Logitech. But with this, I get the clock, radio, & alarm features as well as a surprisingly good sound quality. Oh, and a remote which is helpful if I'm rockin' out across the room hanging laundry :banana: haha.

Good luck!!

Oh, and one more thing I've learned from having these devices...depending on the case, some will fit, some won't. On my iPhone 4 I have a Defender Series Otterbox and it won't fit onto the dock. But there is actually a very simple fix...buy a dock extender. They are about $10 or less on Amazon. No problems with my ipods, just because of my bulky (but saved-my-butt case) on the phone.

I prefer a speaker system which uses Bluetooth - no removing the case and you can use it with other Bluetooth devices. Of course, you give up the recharging ability, but you can just leave your device plugged in elsewhere. I have a Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, which is under $60 on Amazon.

I prefer a speaker system which uses Bluetooth - no removing the case and you can use it with other Bluetooth devices. Of course, you give up the recharging ability, but you can just leave your device plugged in elsewhere. I have a Creative D100 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, which is under $60 on Amazon.

Hey ,thanks for this! We have been kindof looking for some we can put on our back patio! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter