IrishEyes's Planning Journal - 9-6-07 - I'm MARRIED! Teaser pics pg 6!

o0IrishEyes0o

September 6, 2007
:tinker:

The Bride: Me (Lisa-Marie)
The Groom: Danny

LisaDan_FathersDay.jpg

Our story, the short version:
We met at my house actually. I was throwing a surprise birthday party for a friend of mine. He had tagged along with a friend of his. We were briefly introduced, and I thought nothing of it b/c I had a significant other at the time (which was an awful relationship I was trying to get out of). So we met, talked for a few seconds, and then didn't speak for a couple of months.

Two months later, I noticed that I missed a show that his band was playing, so I sent him an email asking him when his next show was. We started talking, end it ended up to be a 2 1/2 hour conversation. At the end of it, he said, very simply "I'm sorry, if I don't ask you out right now, I am never going to forgive myself". How could I say no to that? So he called me later that night and we set up plans for our first date.

Nine months later, he took me on a picnic and proprosed to me in the middle of a state park, by a waterfall. He's very proud of the waterfall and insists that I bring it up whenever I tell people about the proposal, lol. About a month and a half after we got engaged (and right as we were about to put a down payment on a reception hall for our wedding), we found out we were expecting! I am very happy I took the preg test the day that I did, b/c otherwise we would have lost a $1000 deposit.

I wanted to do a destination wedding from the beginning, but DF wanted something at home with family. It's funny b/c now that we have a daughter, his family drives him nuts, so he'd rather do the destination. I came up with the idea of a Disney World wedding (we had originally decided on a Disney Cruise Wedding). That way we have a "destination wedding", but it's not too far for some people to attend.

We've decided to get married at Sea Breeze Point on September 6, 2007. So my wedding day is quickly approaching!

We are having our wedding bands custom made. The engagement ring looks like this (better picture soon):

033007_09351.jpg

My ring is a diamond solitaire with 8 channel set tsavorites on either side. A tsavorite is a green garnet... which I never even knew existed until my DF popped the question. He said he went with green b/c I am Irish and he wanted to tie that into our wedding somehow.

So for our wedding bands we are going to have channel set rings, each with green tsavorites. I asked him if he'd rather have diamonds, and he said he wants green, lol.

I will post pictures of our bands here as soon as they are completed!

[wedding band picture soon]

So I am going shopping tomorrow for the gown. I'm quite nervous and not really looking forward to it (which is sort of depressing). I just had a baby on November 30th. I gained 70lbs total (i had pre-eclampsia so most of it was water), and I have lost 40 of it so far. I have 30 lbs to be back to my "pre pregnancy" size... and 40 to be where I want to be. I feel fairly confident that if I commit to working out and eating healthy, I can lose 40 lbs in 5 months. Fitness experts say not to lose more than 2 to 3 lbs a week, and I'll be right at 2lbs a week. So I definately think it's do-able.

However, I *have* to go shopping for my gown so I can get it ordered and have time for alterations and such. I'm just not sure what to do about the size. For starters, I have no idea how many dress sizes I'll go down if I lose 40 lbs. And then, what if I dont lose all 40? Presently I am a size 10 women. I was a 7/8 junior before I got pregnant and I was in a wedding just prior, so my gown size was also an 8.

So I am torn. Do I order a size down? Two sizes? I just worry b/c taking a dress in a small bit is not a big deal, but 2 dress sizes... it's going to be virtually impossible to do that on an intricate gown and still have it look right.

Has anyone else had this problem?

You have about 6 months until your wedding. Where are you getting your dress from? Are you going to Davids or an independently owned bridal shop?

I'm asking because if you order your gown from a bridal shop the dresses take about 4 to 6 months to come in. I ordered my gown last september and it just came in. If you wait and go to Davids Bridal you may be able to get something off the rack and I don't think that their dresses take a long time to come in.

If I were you I would order my dress now and just order the size dress that you would wear now,that way they can always take it in.

Good Luck with everything:)

Alot of times the size of the dress depends on the cut too

I would try some on, inform the sales clerk that you are currently in a weight loss routine & see what her recommendations are

& its true most salons need 6mths+ for orders, but some can be rushed for a cost, my girlfriend wsa bale to get one in less than 3mths for a rush fee of $100

Dont get discouraged

We are here for you

keep us posted & great planning journal, cant wait for more:thumbsup2

I say get the dress that fits you now comfortably.. Because since you are in the process of losing weight you can always get the dress taken in.... GL keep us posted:thumbsup2

UPDATE!! *ME* in the dress. I'm no where near as slim and perfect as the model that was showing it to you all, lol.

thedress002.jpg

dress001.jpg

Ah yes. 40 lbs to go. At least these pictures are incentive :)

I bought it in my current size (a size 12). The salesperson said that they could take a dress in up to 2 sizes. Also, there is always a possibility of being able to exchange the dress.

It's so funny b/c I never in a million years would have thought of buying this dress. But b/c it's a fairytale wedding, I think it's just perfect.

Thanks Lynn & MickeyAnn!

The only thing I'm concerned about is being able to sit at the restaurant. She is sitting in that picture, and as you can see... there is *a lot* of skirt there.

Okies. Better pic of the ring:

ring.JPG

And.. my tiara (which is in the 2nd picture above, on my head). I know... it's over the top... but when am I ever going to get to do this again?

tiara.JPG

I think you look stunning in your dress, your DF will be so pleased when he sees you.

I love the dress though very fairytale

Oh my gosh - you look so pretty in that dress! I seriously can't believe you need to lose any weight at all! :cutie:

Oh goodness! You all are too sweet :) :goodvibes

You've seriously just made my night :) I've been stressing about the whole weightloss thing b/c I was smaller before I had my baby. Not super skinny, but definately more in shape.

It makes me happy to think, even if I dont lose everything I want to lose, I will still have nice pictures :)

Thank you all so much :hug:

Is your dress from David's Bridal?? It looks very similar to one that I picked out there!! It looks great on you though, definitely very fairy tale inspired!!

Kim

You look so happy in that dress!!!! I don't know where the weight that you want to lose is hiding??? All I could see was your smile!

I LOVE YOUR DRESS... I tried on a dress similar to yours.... You look like a true princessprincess: :bride:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter