• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Irritated already!

I musts be missing something, but not sure what you mean by that.

And do you have your accounts linked? If so, one person could make the FPs for everyone at midnight.

I booked a Nov trip with the intentions of using an old 6 day ticket. I booked with a room only discount. Long story but I needed to get a ticket for DD so I asked co-worker to put her on their reservation to get FD for her. I had to pay for a 6 day hopper because that is how the new FD package was offered. I know we can link the two accounts but I don't want to impose any more and I wasn't too worried about getting what we wanted at work tomorrow morning. It'll be fun. Besides we will all have two extra set of MBs and we plan on getting NBFPs with an old one day ticket I have. I don't see FPs as being a big problem.

I am also wondering if you are aware that there is ONLY 10 FP per hour for A&E so if you were looking for a higher number that what was still there it will show as none left-- breakfing it down to looking for 1-2 at a time and overlap your times? But booking on a Saturday at 7:30 people already has 7.5 hours ahead of you looking and booking. Did you book your last day first?
I am very willing to put money on there being more than 10 FP+/hour for A&E. That may be the number of FP+/hour for each room A&E are in, but I find it very hard to believe they don't have more than 1 room of A&E going at once. I know there was a point in time that was true, but I was under the impression that since they had moved to MK that number had increased.

OP - I'm sorry that you did not get the FP+ you were looking for. Unfortunately, as others have said, it's probably a waste of time to call Disney. We went in November last year, did not have Free Dinign either, and we weren't able to get A&E at 60 days either (and we were online at midnight as soon as the window opened). There are cancellation threads here on the DIS where people sometimes do post that they're going to cancel A&E reservations (much like the ADR cancellation threads). Those threads were the only way I got A&E last year. So definitely find the one for November and subscribe. Beyond that, just keep checking. Try finding 1 FP at a time and get overlapping windows, etc. It is possible that you may get a FP+ between now and your trip. Difficult, but potentially possible.

If you don't get a FP+ prior to your trip, I recommend getting to MK about 45 mins prior to RD, so that you are at the front of the rope drop crowd. Head straight to A&E. If you have a second day, try doing the same thing and heading to SDMT.

Whether you get the FP+ or not, I'm sure you'll have a great vacation! Try to remember to enjoy it regardless of the preplanning frustration :)

I am very willing to put money on there being more than 10 FP+/hour for A&E. That may be the number of FP+/hour for each room A&E are in, but I find it very hard to believe they don't have more than 1 room of A&E going at once. I know there was a point in time that was true, but I was under the impression that since they had moved to MK that number had increased.

OP - I'm sorry that you did not get the FP+ you were looking for. Unfortunately, as others have said, it's probably a waste of time to call Disney. We went in November last year, did not have Free Dinign either, and we weren't able to get A&E at 60 days either (and we were online at midnight as soon as the window opened). There are cancellation threads here on the DIS where people sometimes do post that they're going to cancel A&E reservations (much like the ADR cancellation threads). Those threads were the only way I got A&E last year. So definitely find the one for November and subscribe. Beyond that, just keep checking. Try finding 1 FP at a time and get overlapping windows, etc. It is possible that you may get a FP+ between now and your trip. Difficult, but potentially possible.

If you don't get a FP+ prior to your trip, I recommend getting to MK about 45 mins prior to RD, so that you are at the front of the rope drop crowd. Head straight to A&E. If you have a second day, try doing the same thing and heading to SDMT.

Whether you get the FP+ or not, I'm sure you'll have a great vacation! Try to remember to enjoy it regardless of the preplanning frustration :)

There is only 1 room.

I know free dining has nothing to do directly with fastpasses, but free dining has made the slow time more crowded, in return resulting in unavailability of fast passes!

People have had this issue with October bookings too, which I do not believe has free dining. I think, in these instances, the lack of A&E and SDMT is probably more related to the parties (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). This makes MK close early multiple nights/week...combined with shortened hours the rest of the week because it IS a slow season, and you have less FP availability overall.

I thought there were two rooms of A&E.

1 room for A&E and 1 room for Cinderella/Rapunzel.

"Princess Fairytale Hall is Disney-princess central in the Magic Kingdom. Inside are two greeting venues, with each holding a small reception area for two princesses. Thus, there are four princesses meeting and greeting at any time, and you can see two of them at once."

"Princess Fairytale Hall is Disney-princess central in the Magic Kingdom. Inside are two greeting venues, with each holding a small reception area for two princesses. Thus, there are four princesses meeting and greeting at any time, and you can see two of them at once."

Where's that quote from? If its an official Disney site its not worth paying attention to. They never "officially" admit there are more than one set of any characters.

This is the official stance, yes, because there is only 1 Anna, only 1 Elsa, only 1 Mickey. That's all that will ever be printed anywhere. There are more than just 2 rooms in all of Fairytale Hall.

Those are both pretty hard FPs to get, especially A&E. We arrive on November 12th and I was on at midnight at our 60 days and could only get A&E on our last day, and only for two people. I'm surprised you had problems with 7DMT, I saw quite a few when I was booking.

The day the fast passes open up they should only allow so many to pick in the first couple of hours and stagger the opening amounts throughout the days. Some of us work at midnight!

Yes, but some of us don't. And some of us don't want to be up at midnight to get FastPasses. And some of us don't want the two FastPasses you are upset about.

Disney World cannot be expected to make the FastPass system perfect for everyone in the world (real world, not the Disney version of it). They can't e expected to think, "OK, there is a person who works at midnight when the two most difficult FastPasses to get first go nline so we have to - what?" What would you like them to do - have a special thing for people who work at midnight?

And there are other FastPasses available for that day - just not the two you want. Quite honestly - I would have been able to log on to the site that same day and time as you for the same dates you wanted and skipped away happy. Because I didn't want/need those two FastPasses. And I would have enjoyed my vacation as I'm sure you will too. Because Disney World can be so much more than one meet and greet and one ride.

Booking at midnight can be the difference in getting a FP or not. A&E especially.

We are staying Nov 8-19. I booked 60 days out close to 1:00 a.m. EST waiting for Disney's system to go back online. One of our FP for 7DM is 60+1 day out. The next morning it was unavailable. A&E was not available. A&E was available 60+7 days out (Nov 15). The afternoon the next day it was unavailable. I had no problem getting the popular FPs for the other parks.

Personally I prefer the 60+10 days for FP. Who wants to book things for days in a row which may involve lack of sleep or missing work? It at least allowed me to book hard to get FPs at some point in the trip.

This is the official stance, yes, because there is only 1 Anna, only 1 Elsa, only 1 Mickey. That's all that will ever be printed anywhere. There are more than just 2 rooms in all of Fairytale Hall.

We had a close friend who "worked for Anna" and arranged a time to meet A&E when she would be there. The supervisor had our name and discreetly double checked with us and another couple who were doing the same thing about who our friends were to make sure we ended up in the correct room, so yes, there is more than one room for Anna & Elsa open at the same time. :) Even though our friend worked for "the one and only" Anna. The lines would be horrendously long (way more than they already are) if it wasn't set up that way.

People have had this issue with October bookings too, which I do not believe has free dining. I think, in these instances, the lack of A&E and SDMT is probably more related to the parties (Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party). This makes MK close early multiple nights/week...combined with shortened hours the rest of the week because it IS a slow season, and you have less FP availability overall.

October has free dining too which I could not get and I'm paying rack room rates for CR. Sucks but we are going and going to have a great time!
Try to stay positive!

I have a trip planned for Nov 11th-Nov17th. I DID NOT get free dining because I booked it back in May. Anyway, fast passes opened up Sat morning. I got online to pick then at 7:30am and 7DM was already gone and so were Anna and Elsa Meet and Greet. I'm angry! I am paying for my food and can't get what I want, but the people not paying get want they want! Seems like a flawed system to me! Do you think calling Disney will help, or is it a waste of time????

I am going Nov 13 to Nov 20th...split stay...half of it I could not get free dining for...

I booked my fastpasses this morning and was able to get 7D for both MK days. I did not book FP until well after 9am est.

I am sorry you are feeling bad. Nov 11th is Veteran's Day + F&W Festival + MVMCP + Free dining. I feel like it's going to be a really crowded week. I am not sure why the crowd calendars say it's a low week. Kids are off of school. It does suck not to get what you want during your trip. All I can suggest is to pick another week to travel (if you can). Fast pass isn't always not available but the most popular go the fastest. I do think they can improve the ADR and Fast Pass+ but there are so many people that visit WDW it's probably so hard for them to please everyone.

Good luck! I hope you get some of the fast passes you wanted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter