Is 7DMT Really Intense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not intense. Very short drops. On POC, the drop is in the dark which IMHO makes it seem worse.

If drops bother you, try looking straight ahead instead of down. That's how I cope with Splash Mountain. I focus on the castle and never look down till I feel the water splashing my face.

It's horrible, you feel like you're going to flip over. Hey, someone's gotta step in here and try to make the line shorter... :p:crazy2:

Of course, I'm just yanking your chain. By definition, it's a roller coaster, and I'm sure you'll be apprehensive the first time you step on it. But when you get off, you'll wonder why you were so worried. It's really not a big deal at all. The "fast" parts of the ride don't last long and aren't all that quick. My wife is like you and actually has yet to ride it. Next weekend, that will all change.

What's funny is that I enjoy roller coasters. One of my hobbies is racing cars, so speed and side to side motions don't bother me. I typically don't care for things that have more than a few flips, RnR is about my limit (it's one of my favorite rides). I won't do those amusement park rides that just flip over and over and over. But the one drop that always makes me gnash my teeth is the little drop in the dark inside Splash Mountain. I don't know why, but it drives me nuts. Other drops in the dark don't bother me, but this one does a little.

I hate roller coasters. I do ride 7 dwarfs each trip, but I do not love it. It is definitely a kiddie type coaster, but I am still a chicken . LOL It is very smooth and I do like that about it. Do you ride Big Thunder Mountain? I do not love that one either, plus it is so jerky. I definitely prefer 7 Dwarfs.

No need to worry. I am not a coaster person either [really] so I can empathize. Big Thunder Mountain is much more intense than SDMT. It's a smooth, short ride with great views. I think you'll be just fine. I agree with "quagmire0" that it's great to FP it once but I would never wait more than 30 minutes to ride stand-by. Just not worth it...IMO.

My mom gets vertigo and was still able to ride it with no problem. It's not intense AT ALL. You'll be fine. :)

I am a non-coaster person and I have great advice for you. When you are at the loading part, ask to be seated in the front. It makes a HUGE difference. This ride actually feels like the brakes are on while going down the hill and so by being in the front car, you never feel the "release" of the brake until you are just about all down. NOW.....if you are in the back section of this ride, you feel the full effect of going down the hill...I know this because yes I sat in the back section ONE time and will never do it again because I hate the feeling of losing my tummy on hills. So having said all that, we go on 7DMT every single time we go to MK now -- I love it! And we always request to sit in the front cars (1 and 2).:thumbsup2

Not scary at all. It's going to be the first ride I put my 4-year-old on because I'm sure he will like it.

Definitely a kiddie coaster, I went on it once during our last trip and I love coasters but I thought it was boring. I think Goofy's Barnstormer is more intense.

I completely agree with this. I've always disliked the feeling that you could fall off the side on Barnstormer. The SDMT is just a sweet, smooth ride with a cute theme.

I am a non-coaster person and I have great advice for you. When you are at the loading part, ask to be seated in the front. It makes a HUGE difference. This ride actually feels like the brakes are on while going down the hill and so by being in the front car, you never feel the "release" of the brake until you are just about all down. NOW.....if you are in the back section of this ride, you feel the full effect of going down the hill...I know this because yes I sat in the back section ONE time and will never do it again because I hate the feeling of losing my tummy on hills. So having said all that, we go on 7DMT every single time we go to MK now -- I love it! And we always request to sit in the front cars (1 and 2).:thumbsup2

Great advice from @TJA here!!! ⬆️⬆️⬆️

I totally agree with PP who said you should ask to sit at the front - this would be my advice as well. I am not a roller coaster person either...I've never been on Big Thunder, Space Mountain, RNR or Expedition Everest and I refuse to ride Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror (because of the drops) but I really like Mine Train. I think it's a lot of fun and the drops don't really give me that stomach dropping feeling that you get from other roller coasters (especially if you are at the front). My son went on it when it first opened and he was only 2 (turned 3 a couple of months later) so I figure if a 2 year old can handle it, so can I!

When it first opened, I couldn't go on it because I was pregnant but my mom (who hates anything more than BTMRR) went. When she told me she loved it, I knew it was going to be a snoozefest lol. It's a cute ride but after going on it once, I'm good until the kids are tall enough to ride it.

I hate roller coasters as well, but I love 7DMT! It's not intense at all.

Do you like Big Thunder Mountain? It is way less intense than that!
Agree with this! I actually like BTMR better... more fun and shorter line!

You sound exactly like my husband. He interrogates every single poor CM every time we go on any slightly thrilling ride. "How big is the drop? Is it really bad? How fast does it go?" I'm sure they're all thinking, if you don't want to ride, don't. But I force him to try something new each time. He tried 7DMT last time and was not thrilled. Even the Barnstormer and POTC are a bit much for him. He is the TTA poster child.

Definitely not intense, but definitely a whole lot of fun. The carts sway as you travel around the track, and I've found that the front cart doesn't sway nearly as much as the caboose, in case that might make you a little woozy. My father is unable to tolerate intense coasters (even Space Mountain is too much for him), but he loves 7DMT!

Not an intense ride by any means but if you are scared of drops I can see how you would be worried. Personally I would rank it between Goofy's barnstormer and Big Thunder.
For those pp telling you to ride in the front, I do want to point out that you will definitely feel the sway of the cart way more in the front then you will in the middle. Just in case you think that will make a difference for you. Having rode in the front, middle and back I think they are a little bit different ride experiences - the sway is definitely more pronounced in the front.

For adults I think it is a very smooth easy coaster. However, my 5 year old twins hated it. I think they felt overwhelmed because it just goes right into it very fast, plus I think they were more terrified of all the adults on the ride screaming like crazy. This is after having seen YouTube clips of the ride and begging me to make sure I had loads of Fastpasses for it. We had one daughter shaking at the end and the other crying - both saying they would not ride it ever again until they are 30! So, yes, it is an easy ride, but don't assume your 5 year old will love it because it is Snow White based and has cute dwarves. Lesson learned at my end..sigh.

The most intense part is the first time you ride it and the dwarfs in the mine starting yelling Hi-Hooooo! and the music kicks in. You will get all the disney feels!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Why not try it once? It's a charming ride, the scene inside the mine will make it all worth the trip. And if you don't like it then you never have to ride it again. Go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter