Is 8 a good age for Washington dc?

We've been to DC a few times and there really is no bad age. For eight, my recommendations: Air & Space (always for our family), zoo, Ford's Theater, monuments and memorials, National History Museum (don't need to do all of it though), newseum (if in budget and up for it), FBI, Bureau of Engraving.

Skip the Capitol Tour, it's really not worth it.

We weren’t able to get tickets for the main exhibit at the holocaust museum but we did see and enjoy the walk through experience Daniels Story with our 8 year old. It was well done and very age appropriate. I wouldn’t necessarily rule it out.

https://www.ushmm.org/information/exhibitions/museum-exhibitions/remember-the-children-daniels-story
Thanks for the reminder.
Reading this thread, I was beginning to think I was a 'orrible grandmother, since I took my DGD there somewhere between the ages of 7 and 9 y/o.

I'm of the mindset that the Holocaust and other horrific world events touched the lives and deaths of people of all ages and my loved ones should be aware of them in order to ....separate the wheat from the chaff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter