Is a 1-day, peak season, early-August visit INSANE?

Pemeberly

Mouseketeer
Long story short: the boyfriend and I are probably skipping WDW this year after all in favor of a Paris trip with another couple. We'll only have 6 days in Paris, so one day is all we can justify.

This would be some day the first full week of August. Is this an insanely bad idea, or doable?

Last edited:
Its doable as the parks will be open til about 11pm in August so you will have a long day. Be there about half an hour before the park opens (probably 10am) as you are allowed into Main street about half an hour before but not past the ropes into the lands- this will give you chance to browse in a couple of shops and be at the rope ready to head to your first land.
The parks are right next to you so you could choose to hop if you wanted or may just choose to do one park. Theres no way you will get everything done but there are quite a few rides closed this year due to major refurbishments ready for the big anniversary next year

If you can get your ticket ahead of time it will help as well as you won't have to queue for that on the day

I follow a small world. It's possible but check the map before coming to sea what are the must do's for you !

Good news if you're a smoker, smoking is permitted everywhere (it's permitted in fact, if not in the rules).

My wife and I had four days this past August, but if you plan ahead, and accept that you'll miss many things, it can still be a blast. If you're downtown and taking the trains, the RER is a pleasant ride and gets you right near the parks. Just be sure to check the route carefully and make sure you're on the right train :P If I recall correctly, there were two on the same track going the same way. Worried us a bit, but the system is good.

Be sure to check out the Elsa and Anna how if it's still running.

We're going in July, similar situation, we are travelling through Europe and want to hit Disney while we're in Paris but it's a tight timeframe so we will only get one day at Disney :guilty:

Rectification : smoking is forbidden you have dedicated areas to smoke but lots of people don't respect the rules

Actually it's because when they decided that the park was a non smoking area, they hadn't changed the trash cans yet, and they all have an ashtray on it... SO now things are changing, but it takes time !

Actually it's because when they decided that the park was a non smoking area, they hadn't changed the trash cans yet, and they all have an ashtray on it... SO now things are changing, but it takes time !
Ohhh that makes sense. I think I'll find it quite different, in Australia and New Zealand (where I live and where I'm from) you can't really smoke in many places so I'm always really surprised when you can just light up wherever.

It probably won't be insane like 'WDW insane', but it can get quite busy depending on the weather. But if you make it a long day, you can do quite a lot. Most people will tell you to be there at rope drop. But the late hours often offer you less crowded waiting lines too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter