• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a 3-day cruise worth it?

I say try something new, not just to keep expanding your horizon, but also to appreciate the great things about cruising even more.

I am usually the one here saying “3 and 4 night cruises are way too short and not worth it”. But since you live so close to the port and can drive, then I say go for it. For us, flying from Arizona, then no, it is not worth it to me. Have fun!
Same here from NM. We use up about a half a day traveling each way and starting off at 0400 in the morning makes for a verrrry long half day.

This next cruise will be a B2B: 3 night and 5 night. That is worth the travel time for us.

In fall, I'd rather visit a city than do a cruise. In winter, a 3-day cruise is worth it.

In fall, I'd rather visit a city than do a cruise. In winter, a 3-day cruise is worth it.

Out of curiosity... Any particular reasons why? (I cruise every fall and I find that the temperature of the water in the Bahamas is amazing at that time of the year).

Out of curiosity... Any particular reasons why? (I cruise every fall and I find that the temperature of the water in the Bahamas is amazing at that time of the year).

I like visiting large cities but they're miserable in summer. Fall is much more pleasant. It's nothing against cruising in fall.

I like visiting large cities but they're miserable in summer. Fall is much more pleasant. It's nothing against cruising in fall.

Oh I agree. I've visited New York in July and it was painful. It was so hot we could barely breathe.

I've only done 4 day cruise but to me...if you would go away for a couple days, then why not a cruise? Especially as you live close to the port where you can drive, I would do it. It's such a fun vacation and with 3 days you don't need (much) time off of work. IT's a great option and is better than no cruise as others have commented.
PS - Having said that...we need to fly to Toronto to Florida and have started dong a 4 day cruise yearly (on top of a 7 night at another time).

Whether or not a 3-night cruise would be "worth it" or not will largely depend on what you want to get out of the cruise. If you basically want to be on a floating bus that drops you off at a few ports of call to shop and do things on land (with a little night entertainment thrown in), then it's right up your alley. If you want to take advantage of one or more days at sea to be completely unplugged and able to relax, then a 3-night isn't going to be for you.

I think what's more important to understand is whether it's even an option for you. Disney -mostly- runs three schedules: 7-night itineraries and alternating 3-night/4-night itineraries. There are some others thrown in the mix (5, 6, 8, 11, 14, etc.), but the three I mentioned are the most common. AND... they have regular departure dates... Or, should I say days. You would need to find out if you were interested in the 3-night cruises that leave on a Friday and return on a Monday (ALL Bahamian cruises out of Port Canaveral) or not.

So we did one 3 night in February because we just had to get away. Booked at the very last minute and had a great time. We have a 7 night coming in August and have booked another 3 night this time with our daughter and SIL who have never cruised. The plan is to celebrate my birthday and their wedding anniversary, its also the first Merrytime cruise for the season so my daughter the Christmas nut will get a fix. Living only 30 minutes away from the port makes it a nice weekend away. This will also be our last cruise before we are gold so looking forward to that for the next cruise which is planned for February.

Whether or not a 3-night cruise would be "worth it" or not will largely depend on what you want to get out of the cruise. If you basically want to be on a floating bus that drops you off at a few ports of call to shop and do things on land (with a little night entertainment thrown in), then it's right up your alley. If you want to take advantage of one or more days at sea to be completely unplugged and able to relax, then a 3-night isn't going to be for you.

I think what's more important to understand is whether it's even an option for you. Disney -mostly- runs three schedules: 7-night itineraries and alternating 3-night/4-night itineraries. There are some others thrown in the mix (5, 6, 8, 11, 14, etc.), but the three I mentioned are the most common. AND... they have regular departure dates... Or, should I say days. You would need to find out if you were interested in the 3-night cruises that leave on a Friday and return on a Monday (ALL Bahamian cruises out of Port Canaveral) or not.
I think most of their 3-day cruises are Friday-Monday? I had checked before there is one over our dates so there is a cruise to take. Weekend traveling is easiest for us with not having to take off too many days from work.

This will be the end of August so it'll probably be hot everywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter