Is a 30 day window to buy a waitlisted 25 point contract feasible?coming up with a December

.....(snip)....... He thought that a December, loaded contract was a long shot before December 1 (many people ahead of me on the waitlist) but would become available very soon after December 1, so, I'll see what happens. Hopefully, I'll get lucky. .......

This leads me to believe that DVD doesn't have enough 2016 points "in stock" to sell you, but that they do have 2017 points available.

I was referring to direct purchases in my previous post, and as others have pointed out already, DVC may not have much of a motivation to assist in the case of resale contracts. In the past DVC did offer a "secret" one-time banking exemption for people who missed the banking deadline, but I don't know if it still exists. However, it never hurts to ask so definitely give it a shot and let us know how it works out. Good luck!

My resale contract, with unbanked points expiring in 6 weeks, finally closed. I called Member Administration and was told that they would bank those points for me! All I had to do was ask nicely. Huge thumbs up on how they handled this for me!

My resale contract, with unbanked points expiring in 6 weeks, finally closed. I called Member Administration and was told that they would bank those points for me! All I had to do was ask nicely. Huge thumbs up on how they handled this for me!

Thats awesome!!!!

Wow! That was very nice of them.

My resale contract got through estoppel last week and yesterday, my resale agent said that the seller returned her part of the closing document and they were just waiting for me to return my part, which were emailed last Friday. Not believing that I received the email, I checked the spam folder and couldn't find it. The resale agent then noticed that the documents had the correct first half of the address but were not sent to yahoo, which is the correct last half. The agent sent me her copy of the email and this morning, I went to FedEx to print and FedEx the required signed papers, which they should receive tomorrow. I'm guessing that puts me around 3 weeks from calling Disney to get my ID number.
The Disney agent wasn't very optimistic when I called him yesterday that he could get a 25 point contract before December 1, with a December use year that has 2016 points. He said the waitlists are extremely long. If they are extremely long, why isn't Disney exercising their ROFR on many more contracts to satisfy this demand? In any event, I told him that, if nothing became available by November 29, I'll either wait 4-6 months to purchase something (when my finances allow me Tom pay cash), or buy at the Polynesian, which is available now, with my Disney Visa card and have 6 months free interest.

[
The Disney agent wasn't very optimistic when I called him yesterday that he could get a 25 point contract before December 1, with a December use year that has 2016 points. He said the waitlists are extremely long. If they are extremely long, why isn't Disney exercising their ROFR on many more contracts to satisfy this demand? In any event, I told him that, if nothing became available by November 29, I'll either wait 4-6 months to purchase something (when my finances allow me Tom pay cash), or buy at the Polynesian, which is available now, with my Disney Visa card and have 6 months free interest.

Which resort are you attempting to buy resale, and which one are you trying for the 25 point contract?

My resale contract got through estoppel last week and yesterday, my resale agent said that the seller returned her part of the closing document and they were just waiting for me to return my part, which were emailed last Friday. Not believing that I received the email, I checked the spam folder and couldn't find it. The resale agent then noticed that the documents had the correct first half of the address but were not sent to yahoo, which is the correct last half. The agent sent me her copy of the email and this morning, I went to FedEx to print and FedEx the required signed papers, which they should receive tomorrow. I'm guessing that puts me around 3 weeks from calling Disney to get my ID number.

You can use your visa for a direct purchase at any of the resorts -- not just Poly and CCV.

Our UY (bought resale) is October. In mid-August, I called and asked to waitlist 25 points at AKL, hoping to get them before October came around. They were available 3 days later, and they had the 2016 points, so we were able to bank them immediately and use them for a trip in Feb 2018.

Unless I really wanted 25 points at Poly or didn't care at all about home resort, I wouldn't buy it simply to get 2016 points.

I'm buying a 25 point contract to get the perks reserved for direct purchasers, mainly AP discounts for family members living at home and the use of the DVC lounge at Epcot (we will be at Disneyworld for 3 weeks, starting both December 17 and June 1 next year, before our AP's expire June 23). The extra 25 points would be a bonus and would convince me to purchase now (and use Disney Visa to finance it for 6 months) instead of later. I'm holding out for my first two choices; BLT because of location and OKW because of price and I already own 25 points there. If I was really concerned about buying before the end of November, I would use the phone number of the DVC agent who is a friend of the resale agent from whom I bought the OKW resale week (resale agent was a long time DVC agent). I'm planning on letting this play out with my current DVC agent. Unless I hear from him first, I'll wait to contact him until November 29 and see what he can do. I have no problem buying at Polynesian for $176 per point. It's on the monorail loop and has more restaurants than BLT. As of now, there is a $750 difference in buying there direct over resale. The 25 gift points are worth $375.00 and, from what I understand, the closing costs are in the $120.00 range, compared to $455-600 buying resale. I'll post on what happens. Thanks for the replies.

I have no problem buying at Polynesian for $176 per point. It's on the monorail loop and has more restaurants than BLT.

I believe the Contemporary actually has one more sit down restaurant than the Poly, and they have equal number of quick service restaurants. Poly does win, however, when it comes to bars and lounges. LOL

I'm a little surprised, however, that you haven't been able to quickly get 25 points at either BLT or OKW if you don't care about use year. But, if use year is a concern, and it's not February, June, or December for BLT, you may be in for a long wait. Those three months make up about 60% of the use years at BLT.

I have a December use year, which would be my preference for the direct contract. I did close this morning on the resale contract, so hopefully, I'll call Disney next Thursday or Friday and get the ID and activation code. I also emailed the DVC agent that I had closed, which hopefully reminds him to keep looking for a potential 25 point contract.

I have a December use year, which would be my preference for the direct contract. I did close this morning on the resale contract, so hopefully, I'll call Disney next Thursday or Friday and get the ID and activation code. I also emailed the DVC agent that I had closed, which hopefully reminds him to keep looking for a potential 25 point contract.
Just to give you my experience, on June 7 of this year was put on a waitlist for 30 Dec BLT points. My guide called me on July 20 with my points.

The DVC guide said a lot of people want to buy within 3 months of the use year in order to acquire the previous year's points (like I'm trying to do). The other possibility is spending a lot of time looking for 25 points isn't worth it to him. I'll wait until I get the ID next week and call another agent who was recommended by my resale agent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter