Is a car needed at Aulani?

brrabit

Earning My Ears
DVC Silver
Is there Disney transportation to Aulani from the airport? I really don't want to drive on this vacation or worry about a car. Hoping I can be delivered there and back and just spend my entire time relaxing and not moving around. ☺️ Ive been to Hawaii before so have seen alot of the major sites. Tho shuttles from Aulani to sites would also be good.

Is there Disney transportation to Aulani from the airport?
No, but you can book an independent shuttle or Uber.

If you want to go anywhere but Aulani, the Marriott Ko'Olina complex or a few spots across the street it really helps to have a car. There are some tours and excursions you can book, but they are excursions rather than shuttles.

We go to Aulani to chill and recover from, well life. We have never rented a car, but we will eventually have a trip when we explore the island on that occasion we will rent a car. In the meantime we take Charlie’s taxi to and from the airport and then just go across the street to eat somewhere away from Aulani. We are perfectly content with this.

We have also used Charlie's taxi. You can book a flat rate and the vans are the same price as the cars if you have a few people or lots of bags. In the past we have rented cars at Aulani for day trips. Some excursion will do waikiki pick ups, but cannot think of any that will do Ko olina pickups.

There isn't Disney transportation, but there are plenty of private shuttles you can book, in addition to taxis and Uber/Lyft.

You can walk to most eating places nearby. Do the math of Uber and no car, vs renting and parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter