• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is a reservation really necessary?

sageandbelle

Earning My Ears
Going on March 4th to MK on a last minute trip. Was looking at Tony’s Town Square restaurant for dinner and the only reservation available is 3:55 which isn’t what I’m looking for. So my question is, is a reservation for this restaurant really necessary? I’ll keep looking and refreshing if so but i’m not sure if it’s easy to get seated there with no reservation. Thank you!

Going on March 4th to MK on a last minute trip. Was looking at Tony’s Town Square restaurant for dinner and the only reservation available is 3:55 which isn’t what I’m looking for. So my question is, is a reservation for this restaurant really necessary? I’ll keep looking and refreshing if so but i’m not sure if it’s easy to get seated there with no reservation. Thank you!

I would grab that and then keep modifying it until you get the time that you want. I don't know why, but this always works for me.

Unless you are going for a later dinner close to restaurant closing you should really get a reservation. We've had some luck being taken for lunch right when a restaurant opens as well but that's probably not something to rely on.

You need a reservation. Set up a reservation finder with Touring Plans if you haven't already. I've always got what I needed using that method.
Yes, keep checking. I always change my plans multiple times and am able to get what I want, even at the hard to get restaurants, sometimes a day before- but always get a reservation.

Touring Plans is very helpful.

I have eaten at Tony's many times and always see people coming to the desk attempting to get walk up reservations. They get turned away and told it is fully booked. Keep looking. Especially 24 hours out, a lot of changes occur as people cancel to avoid cancellation penalties. Touring Plans reservation finder is great too. I wouldn't plan on getting in without a reservation. Consider it a must.

Are you on the dining plan? If so what about looking at the festival of fantasy parade dining for the restaurant? That might give you better times. But not sure it would be worth the price if not on the dining plan.

Try Jungle Navigation Co. if you want something a little different. They usually have times available on shorter notice. Highly varied menu so if you are not set on Tony's you might try that as an alternative. I would also say Plaza but that is small and usually booked solid.

As others have said try the Touring plans reservation finder. Our last trip we wanted Ohana breakfast at opening. Signed up for touring plans and in about 2 weeks we were able to lock down an opening time Ohana

I would book now with anything that is acceptable - but then keep looking. Folks change their plans and things pop-up. The night before is also not a bad time to look - as folks are changing up their plans for the next day to avoid charges. Same day walk-ups at restaurants in the parks are rare.

Book something now and as the date approaches check for cancellations.... The best time is usually a day before since people have to cancel or be charged...... We always try to have some sort of reservation

We were there last month and had no problem getting seated without a reservation. We walked right in. We were a party of 5 and were seated immediately. It's worth a try.

The Disney owned/run restaurants do not typically take walk ups, even when there's space. The others often do. The hard part is knowing who is Disney and who isn't. So it's best to make ADR for alL TS. And don't get hung up on A part of ADR. It doesn't need to be more "advanced" than 5 min.
Yes. The fact that there aren’t any other times available means they’re fully booked.
I guess I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. If they had room, there would be a reservation. Seems logical right?

We were there last month and had no problem getting seated without a reservation. We walked right in. We were a party of 5 and were seated immediately. It's worth a try.
It never hurts to ask buy you better have a back up plan in place. You got very lucky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter