Is all day dining deal worth the $?

Sethsmama

Mouseketeer
First time to SeaWorld in a few weeks with my family & friends and I saw the all-day dining deal but don't see the regular prices for a meal on the site. If we stay there all day then is it worth it to get the all day dining? I have 2 adults, 2 children with me but my DS is 10.
Just curious! Also, what are the prices like for the Shark Grill place? I'm a shark fanatic so I'd love this but is it worth the price to eat there?

We are going for the first time in a few weeks as well, and we are planning to do the All Day Dining. I have read from the experts on this board that it is worth it if you plan to stay all day. We will eat lunch and dinner as well as some ice cream, and we plan to drink plenty of water. If I understand it correctly, you can go through the line and just get a drink and a dessert, so we will use ADD for our snacks as well when we can.

There is a thread around here with current prices - I'll look for it. Seems like a sandwich was $8-$10 and a drink about $2.

I don't know the prices for Shark's Grill, but I do know that it is not one of the dining plan restaurants. If you want to eat there, the ADD might not be worth it for you.

Too funny...I came here wondering the same thing... ;)

Thanks everyone for the details, the all day dining sounds like a good plan for us!

We use it during springbreak this year at SW and BGT. It is so worth it for our group it me the adult and 3 pre/teenaged boys (14,13,&12) none are mine 2 are my nephews. I didn't realize boys ate so much. The ability to get a drink anytime or anything for that matter was a great asset. We went at opening stayed til they were tired went back to the poly then went back for dinner to get the most benefit

It's worth it in my opinion if you are going to do both lunch and dinner in the park and are happy to eat at restuants on this list. It ends up costing less than what it would if I had ordered on my own, and we get things like chocolate covered stawberries and carrot cake that I wouldn't have ordered on my own thrown in that are a nice treat. It's probably not a good idea if you're trying to cut down on calories. Not all resturants are included, though. Sharks Grill (more high end dining) isn't on this, for example, so if you plan on doing this, it wouldn't make sense to get the meal deal.

I noticed on the Sea World Website that you can buy the All Day Dining Plan ahead of time. I know you get big discounts on tickets if you pre-buy them, but I don't see and advantage to getting it ahead of time. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

I noticed on the Sea World Website that you can buy the All Day Dining Plan ahead of time. I know you get big discounts on tickets if you pre-buy them, but I don't see and advantage to getting it ahead of time. Am I missing something?
Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing.... anyone?

We are going for the first time in a few weeks as well, and we are planning to do the All Day Dining. I have read from the experts on this board that it is worth it if you plan to stay all day. We will eat lunch and dinner as well as some ice cream, and we plan to drink plenty of water. If I understand it correctly, you can go through the line and just get a drink and a dessert, so we will use ADD for our snacks as well when we can.

There is a thread around here with current prices - I'll look for it. Seems like a sandwich was $8-$10 and a drink about $2.

I don't know the prices for Shark's Grill, but I do know that it is not one of the dining plan restaurants. If you want to eat there, the ADD might not be worth it for you.

Just a heads up, the ice cream shops are not included on the plan and I don't think any of the restaurants that are on the plan have ice cream.

We have never eaten at Shark's Grill but look at the menu outside sometimes. Entres are mostly in the $20+ range so easy to pay $90-$100 for a family of 4 like mine.

How many times a day can you go thru the line? What if we eat 3 meals? Is that allowed? Can you go thru the lines and get unlimited water or other drinks?:confused3

Just a heads up, the ice cream shops are not included on the plan and I don't think any of the restaurants that are on the plan have ice cream.

Thanks! We'll plan for the ice cream OOP. It does look like we can go through the line and just get a dessert or a fruit and a drink (even if it is not ice cream). Is that right? We'll only eat two meals, but it would be nice to get a snack and a drink as well at some point during the day.

Thanks! We'll plan for the ice cream OOP. It does look like we can go through the line and just get a dessert or a fruit and a drink (even if it is not ice cream). Is that right? We'll only eat two meals, but it would be nice to get a snack and a drink as well at some point during the day.

There are some really good things to eat at the CS restaurants. Even before they had the all day meal plan , I used to tell everyone I ate my way through SW.
We get snacks and drinks many many times when we use the meal plan and my sons actually ate a dinner meal and got up from the table and got seconds and ate a complete meal again. LOL You would think we were huge people, but we don't eat this way all the time. LOL Even when we get the meal plan the place we stop on the way out at closing is the ice cream shop. We sit and talk while eating letting the masses leave so we can just drive out of the parking lot without the traffic jams.

Thanks.

There is no advantage to buying ahead of time. It took no time at all to buy the first restaurant we ate at. Also, if you have an annual pass - you get 10% off the ADD so it is better to wait and buy in person.

You can go through the lines as many times as you want - whether it is for a full meal or just a snack/drink :thumbsup2

Thank you Tracey!
We are going tomorrow and I have a 12 yr old, 4 yr old and 10 month old. I know with the baby, I will need lots of bottle water to make baby bottles and I figured with the dining plan, it would be worth the money after meals, snacks for little ones and drinks all day long.

My neice and I went the last week of June 2010. I had bought the all day dining plan before we went off the Sea World website so all we had to do was check in and we were given our wrist bands. I also bought the Polynesian Luaua for dinner. The thing I have to say about the All Day Dining plan was that the choices were limited to the restaurants you could go to. This went for water as well. We constantly went back to the same restaurant to get water. We had pizza for lunch and there were only like two pepperonis on the whole slice. So the food was blah. It was hot so we were concerned with water and staying hydrated. I think when we were at Sea World the temp was in triple digits if not it was pretty close as it was high to mid ninteies our whole stay for the week. A couple who was from Tampa said the temp was not normally like this and was unuasually hot for that time of year. I digress. So water was important to us but we ad to go to a restaurant listed on their piece of paper where we could go to get water. The conveniece was not there. We couldn't walk up to any place to get water which was a bummer. We thought were were going to eat a lot while we were there but the heat supressed our appetites and we didn't eat much just drank lots of water.

We didn't use it for dinner because we had the Luaua. So in the end it wasn't worth it to us to have the all day dining plan.

About the number of drinks and the amount of food you can get. You could get 1 bottle of water each trip through the line you went. If you wanted five bottles of water, you had to stand in line five times. It was the same way with food. If you wanted three pizzas, you had to go through the line three times. Each trip through the line meant you could get an additional item. It was up to you as how many times you wanted to wait through the line.

It was worth it to us when we went last Wednesday. The lines were not bad in the restaurants. We walked in and out in mins and every time we passed a restaraunt we would go in and get drinks and if it was empty we would go back thru again.
The kids had lots of snacks like watermelon and strawberries and pudding while taking many breaks. The fruit was 3.29 a bowl and water was 2.79 so we SAVED tons of money! We also ate alot of salads, which were cool and light so we wouldn't feel yucky in the heat. We also ate dinner on the dining plan before we left the park. My kids are SKINNY and bottomless pits....I honestly do not know where all the food goes! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter