Is All Star Movie comparable to Pop Century?

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Hello. First off, my favorite go-to with the entire family is Beach Club or Yacht Club. That being said, I've stayed at many deluxes and moderates, but Pop Century is my go-to Value hotel when doing short trips without my adult kids flying down to join us. (we live 5 hours away and drive down about four times a year).

With the prices going sky-high, my next trip might just very well be at The All Star Movies. Now, my issue really isn't with the resort itself but the thought of not having a sky-liner, monorail or boat freaks me out.

Would like to hear other's opinions on ASM. Will I survive (LOL, ok really just kidding but you know........)o_Oo_O

We recently stayed at Movies, Pop and Music. As you stated, the downside really is the lack of skyliner at the All-Stars. From a resort standpoint, Movies is great, because it is smaller and the layout is such that no building seems too far from the main building and bus stop. The rooms themselves are extremely similar.

I guess it depends on how often you would be using the Skyliner, what your park timing will be and how much money you will save. If you are staying at HS and EC until close or fireworks, it really is much nicer to hop on the Skyliner than have to wait for a bus that you know will be super crowded and may take multiple busses to be loaded up on.

We stayed at Movies, then Pop, then Music. Music was the cheapest option and I was happy with it even without having Skyliner because of the cost savings. For us, it was a last minute 3-night vacation and we didn't want to spend the extra $50 a night just for getting to/from HS one day (we didn't have an Epcot day planned). Of course we ended up going to HS twice and EC once, but were still fine without Skyliner. We actually ended up ubering back from Boardwalk after our EC evening and it was less than $10.

To make a long story short, it really depends on if you want to spend the money on Skyliner, as the resort itself is not worth paying extra $$ for compared to AS Movies.

As far as rooms and amenities, they’re basically the same. The only real difference is ASMovies lacks the skyliner. I enjoy the skyliner, but I was able to save over $500 switching from Pop to ASMusic with an AP discount for my upcoming trip, and I was willing to make the trade-off.

I just returned from a 3-resort split stay that included All-Star Movies and Beach Club, and our resort of choice is usually Pop Century. I found the ASM buses to be perfectly reliable and timely, and on our HS day, it got us to the park plenty early enough that our wait at RotR was only about 10 minutes. Movies is the last resort on the All-Stars route, so the bus usually stops at ASMu first. If All-Star Sports is open when you go, you may be waiting for drops at 2 other resorts, and also "competing" for those spots on the bus. TBH, we had more issues with the Beach Club buses, so if you're okay with those, ASM should be fine!

Since you drive down, you will have an extra option beyond just the buses. If you find you are having an unlucky trip with bus roulette, there is the option to drive yourself. It's nice to save money and it's nice to have options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter