Is anyone cancelling a WDW trip or moving it up because of the early SWGE opening?

SWGE, to go or not to go during the opening month!?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, but I'm thinking it will not have that bad of an impact on parks other than HS. I would not cancel, but if you can move your trip up some then maybe do that if you really want to avoid SWGE opening.
Doubtful I'm sure there will be a ripple effect especially considering Epcot will be starting Food and Wine which is a huge crowd draw plus Party Season at Magic.....
I wonder if Florida will do a Reservation system just to get in the land like Disneyland Is...... all I know is that it opens 3 days before my FP Day for Wine and Dine Weekend and I'm more concerned about MDE crashes then about the slim chance I'll get a 60+3 FP+

I'm thinking about planning an impromptu trip to WDW to be there at the opening or soon after.

If I had a family trip planned, I think we'd move it. As it is, DH and I have our one and only adults trip planned for 11/2-5. Not entirely sure yet, but I think we'll probably keep it. Maybe? We don't want to cancel, and we can't reschedule early enough to avoid it. The one advantage to early Nov is that we'll have had 2 months to see how crowds are throughout the parks. If Sept is awful, we may reassess before the 30-day payment is due. If we just need to avoid HS, that's doable. (And best case scenario would have us able to get into HS and GE to at least look around, but I'm not counting on that one!)

Doubtful I'm sure there will be a ripple effect especially considering Epcot will be starting Food and Wine which is a huge crowd draw plus Party Season at Magic.....
I wonder if Florida will do a Reservation system just to get in the land like Disneyland Is...... all I know is that it opens 3 days before my FP Day for Wine and Dine Weekend and I'm more concerned about MDE crashes then about the slim chance I'll get a 60+3 FP+

There will be no fastpasses for SWGE to start.

We booked 8/31-9/8 to try to avoid it. ACK. I'm considering backing our trip back up into earlier August now. Or at the very least adding park hoppers (we usually don't hop) so we can move around as needed to stay away from the crowds.

There will be no fastpasses for SWGE to start.
Conjecture, or do you have a real source?

I've been hoping this would make FP for Runaway Railway easier to get, but instead it may make it harder.

If nothing else, it will make Slinky dog infinitely easier at rope drop.

We had a calm trip planned for the first week of September. Instead we get possibly the biggest theme park stampede of all time.

We'll be there Sept 7-14th and I'm fairly upset. This was supposed to be our last "pre Star Wars" trip and now we'll be there a week out. But, we have our reservation for a 2 Bed at BLT with a room discount, and we have our plane tickets and pre-paid for shuttle service and other things to the point where it would cost way too much to change it. This was supposed to be a very low crowd level week.

Honestly am not sure what to do. We have two standard PVB studios books 09/02-09/11. We figured since they were doing free dining plans for sept that we are safe. Only problem is we borrowed 100 dvc points for the 2nd room from next year. And I doubt they would let us reverse that borrow.

Decisions decisions lol. We generally try and avoid a park for at least a year after something big opens.

No airfare paid for yet though so we have a little more flexibility.

8/22 - 9/3 here. Not making any changes besides avoiding HS. We go this time every year for low crowds, guess this year will be a little different!

Debating cancelling and going to Mexico instead lol. We're there Mid-Nov. Luckily kids will be in school, but it will also be our first trip with our daughter who will be 1, so I'm unsure what to do at this point.

We're there from Oct 28 - Nov 6 and I feel like I just won the lottery. At least one ride open, maybe both and FastPasses for FoP and Slinky should be easier to get.

Bill From PA
You have a good point.

My guess is early-mid September will still be less crowded than Oct/Nov/Dec. The opening week coincides with the first week of school for a lot of the country, and most parents aren't going to pull their kids out of the first week of school. That doesn't mean there won't be crazy crowds, but I think those crazy crowds will be multiplied for Oct/Nov/Dec, which were already super busy without SWGE.

Probably best to avoid actual opening weekend. But if I had a Sept. trip already planned, I don't think I'd change anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter