Is anyone else skipping 2020 disney ?

Canceled our five nights at The Yacht Club for November, 2020 last week. Not sure when we will go back. It may be a while. Sadly.

We planned to skip 2020 anyway to save more for our 2021 Honeymoon. We are currently thinking of moving the Honeymoon from July/Aug to the first 2 weeks of December 2021.

Welp, I'm antibody-negative. Still don't know what we're doing about August. If everything continues to crater Covidwise in Florida, we'll have to cancel.

I was fortunate enough to have my trip in early March right before all this Covid stuff started. Debating on whether to go next march though or wait until 2022

We were planning a fall trip this year, but not anymore! I'm SO glad we went Christmas 2019. We thought about putting it off until 2020, after I retired. Another lesson in GO while you can. We will hopefully return in 2021. Aside from health considerations, I'm not paying full price for half of an experience.

I feel lucky that we got to go the first week of January 2020. We just postponed our end of August trip until end of November... time will tell if that will be possible. Fingers crossed for an effective treatment and/or vaccine.
If numbers continue this way through the fall, we won't be able to, nor would be want to, travel to WDW. We live in Ontario, and currently the Canadian border is closed to the US for all non essential travel, with no indication that the government of Canada is going to open it anytime soon. As much as I love traveling through the US, I'm ok with staying put and keeping our doors closed until this passes.

I had planned a trip for August last year in July. I cancelled the trip at the last minute i could. I have been watching the live streams and it looks crazy with no one there. Now I'm wondering if i should have went ?? Haven't missed a year at a Disney property in a long time, so I'm having withdraws i think. Don't really feel safe getting on a plane and coming there right now with this going on. If anyone has or is going please let me know if you felt safe?

We were on the fence about our October trip but after seeing videos of the previews this week, we are trying to plan another trip for this year...

We went 7 years ago for the first time ever-- and got "bit by the Disney bug" and became addicts. We go each and every year now, sometimes 2 times a year and get AP if we can afford it. 2020 will be our first year that we won't have a Disney trip and I don't see it happening this year. After accepting this, I am in a much better place now. I teach and my kids all have different spring breaks so it makes it very challenging to travel outside of summer (Christmas is generally too pricey for us). This is how the pandemic has "changed me" (and I try to look at all situations on what lemonade can I squeeze out of these lemons)....we would normally NEVER pull our kids out of school for a vacation (my kids typically have perfect attendance)...but this spring we are going to allow them all to miss a week and go on my spring break when its not hot--and hopefully--prayers and pixie dust--the pandemic will be largely behind us, a vaccine will be out, etc. Now, instead of dwelling on the trip I didn't get this year, I'm refocusing on planning for spring 2021--and excited to watch all the updates that will inevitably come out each week/month, etc. and hopefully things reopen, reintroduce or new stuff starts to happen!

We changed our Aug 2020 trip to Aug 2021, waiting for discounts. Also canceled Nov WDW trip. Too much of a mess, switched to Universal. But if things don’t get better in Florida that trip may be canceled too. I’m Canadian and doubt our border will open if the Covid numbers keep going up.
What is is like in Canada with the COVID? Are you guys strictly social distancing and masks, etc.? Numbers going down? I keep hearing that we are awful over here with the COVID compared to the rest of the world. I'm very curious what its like in other countries, what is truly working, etc. I always tend to question all media (it tends to induce panic and be more doom and gloom IMHO)--but with our schools getting ready to reopen here I would love to hear how its going in other countries that have been able to restart schools, etc. No debate here--just like to know.

No Disney plans for us. Have ZERO intention of getting on an airplane, large indoor events, indoor restaurants or attending crowded places like Disney until there are some medical solutions. Covid19 remains HIGHLY contagious and just as serious of a health issue as it was earlier this year. Others can pretend it's no big deal or think it won't impact their family, but we continue to treat it as a serious health issue.

What is is like in Canada with the COVID? Are you guys strictly social distancing and masks, etc.? Numbers going down? I keep hearing that we are awful over here with the COVID compared to the rest of the world. I'm very curious what its like in other countries, what is truly working, etc. I always tend to question all media (it tends to induce panic and be more doom and gloom IMHO)--but with our schools getting ready to reopen here I would love to hear how its going in other countries that have been able to restart schools, etc. No debate here--just like to know.
we are doing pretty well. We had good direction from Prime Minister, medical personnel, and closed down. For longer than the US. At first the only things open were grocery and pharmacy. Mask wearing isn’t a political statement here. Social distancing mandatory. Masks strongly recommend but not mandatory although many do wear them. I wear them inside. Some stores open, some not.
We live in BC, our chief medical officer, minister of health and our Premier are all working together to flatten the curve. No mixed messages.
Things are slowly opening up. Very slowly. Some restaurants are open to dine in now but under strict protocol. Hair & nail salons, Dentists, Physio, under strict protocol are open now too.
We are now allowed to travel within our province.
In BC we still don’t know what school will look like for September but expect an announcement in a week or 2.

We had canceled our July trip a few months ago and rebooked for March of 2021. Not sure it will happen but hoping so. Not liking the park ticket fees!! They just keep going up. $1700 for 3 days, 4 people.

Yup. Another AP holder skipping 2020. Cancelled 2 trips, will wait until there’s a vaccine or the risk is lessened. For us it’s not worth the vast exposure to the public.

We're in Ontario and agree with what Sue M mentioned. The curve has come down and seems to be staying down. I think we shut down sooner and stayed fully shut down for longer. In the city of Ottawa they just made masks mandatory in all indoor situations (like shopping, mass transportation, etc...) and in outdoor situations where you can't social distance. For the most part people are pretty willing to wear masks and social distance here since it's not viewed as a political statement. I also think the fact that all the politicians (federal/provincial/municipal regardless of party) were pretty unified and made decisions based on the recommendations of the scientists/health experts was a big help.

A lot of the fatalities in Canada (about 80% of deaths) were related to Long Term Care Facilities and seniors homes so the community spread was much smaller here which did help us manage the curve a bit. The loss of life in these facilities though has been tragic and there will need to be some major changes to address the issues that allowed Covid to move through those facilities so quickly.

The school boards here seem to be planning to return to semi-normal (social distancing in groups/bubbles of about 10 kids per group) with 5 days a week of in classroom learning in September. They're also working on a plan B for those who aren't comfortable sending their kids back to school or if numbers go up and we need to go back to learning at home.

We're in Ontario and agree with what Sue M mentioned. The curve has come down and seems to be staying down. I think we shut down sooner and stayed fully shut down for longer. In the city of Ottawa they just made masks mandatory in all indoor situations (like shopping, mass transportation, etc...) and in outdoor situations where you can't social distance. For the most part people are pretty willing to wear masks and social distance here since it's not viewed as a political statement. I also think the fact that all the politicians (federal/provincial/municipal regardless of party) were pretty unified and made decisions based on the recommendations of the scientists/health experts was a big help.

A lot of the fatalities in Canada (about 80% of deaths) were related to Long Term Care Facilities and seniors homes so the community spread was much smaller here which did help us manage the curve a bit. The loss of life in these facilities though has been tragic and there will need to be some major changes to address the issues that allowed Covid to move through those facilities so quickly.

The school boards here seem to be planning to return to semi-normal (social distancing in groups/bubbles of about 10 kids per group) with 5 days a week of in classroom learning in September. They're also working on a plan B for those who aren't comfortable sending their kids back to school or if numbers go up and we need to go back to learning at home.
Thank you. It sounds like our school districts (we live in Ohio) will do something similar--but we go back earlier in August...you can watch and see what happens. Yes, too political, divided, and differing messages here---you don't know what to believe. We do take it seriously, but some do not. Same here with long term care facilities--hopefully the world can work together to develop safer better protocols for these populations. It is my greatest hope we can all learn something and science can advance through this all. Stay safe!

Just cancelled September trip today. First time ever canceling.
CM made it sound like refund could take extra time as she was processing a lot of refunds.
Had booked free dining back on Jan 2nd.
From Canada and I don't don't see the border opening anytime soon.

I wasn't but have now since the reason we were going (friend's wedding on DCL) no longer is happening in FL. It's now happening in CA...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter