• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Anyone getting through to DCL on phone !

Yes, it is truly all luck if you get through quick in the morning. I’ve called the minute the phone lines opened three times this past week. Once waited 5.5 hours, next time a little over 5 hours, yesterday waited four hours before hanging up. Yes someone has to get lucky and get a spot early in the queue but calling the second the phone lines open is not a guarantee as hundreds of others are doing it too. It is like getting a lightning lane for Slinky Dog—someone is going to get 9am but others are going to get evening despite all trying at 7am. I have to keep calling because they keep screwing up my reservations—am not calling voluntarily.

If you call later in the day and get through, you are lucky, plain and simple. I have also tried calling later in the day several days and each time I get a busy signal or a recorded message that due to high call volume they are not accepting any new callers.
Well, I hit the jackpot this morning and got through with zero wait. Reservation fixed. So I guess that is some comfort that it wasn't my phone clock or my phone tree technique that was to blame for my previous disastrously long waits. It's all just luck of the draw.

This morning, Sunday, told 44 minutes, then changed to 144 minutes, still waiting, called at 8:59🤦🏻‍♀️

This morning, Sunday, told 44 minutes, then changed to 144 minutes, still waiting, called at 8:59🤦🏻‍♀️

Same. Initially told 16 minutes then changed to 120 minutes (after waiting over 60minutes). Still Waiting.

Same. Initially told 16 minutes then changed to 120 minutes (after waiting over 60minutes). Still Waiting.
Just now went to 388 minutes, first 44, then 144 now this. How do u get pushed down the ladder?

Just now went to 388 minutes, first 44, then 144 now this. How do u get pushed down the ladder?

I have no idea - it's craziness! Mine just went to 290 minutes. I wish that included the 165min I've already waited, but I have a feeling it's doesn't.

Called at 9:07 this morning.....was told 189 minutes....then 2 hours in was told 151 minutes....then an hour later 280 minutes....now was told 105 minutes.....still on hold. Time is 1:15pm.

Me again :) I posted earlier (post #'s 8 and 10) from when I had to call DCL previously re: my upcoming cruise. Days after that call, as (bad) luck would have it, the system canceled half of my arranged DCL transportation to the port. It was in place, I did nothing, and suddenly it was canceled. I received unsolicited cruise confirmations showing a refund I never wanted. So I again found myself needing to call. Here's how today's call went:
I'm in Mountain time zone--I didn't set an alarm specifically to make the call but woke up naturally five minutes after the call center opened and decided to give it a shot. I knew I was already behind.
I connected (at least they didn't turn down my call?). My first quoted hold time: 197 minutes. 72 minutes later, the estimate had dropped to 149 minutes. Two hours and fifteen minutes in, the estimate jumped up to 287 minutes. Three hours and forty minutes in, it went to 97 minutes (never before been HAPPY to hear my hold time is ONLY an hour and a half!). Fast forward yet another hour, it jumped back up to 220 minutes. Ten minutes later, however, I was connected to a cast member. Total call time, including almost exactly five hours on hold: 5:20.
Now that I've done this twice in recent weeks, my takeaways:
You have to have an irrational amount of patience to have any chance. And maybe some luck. Thankfully my call didn't drop. Your wait time is going to be ridiculously long, if you can spare the time. That said, the quoted hold times are nowhere close to accurate. It literally quoted 220 minutes just ten minutes before I was talking to somebody. Needless to say, they have serious issues over there.

As my issue related to billing for an upcoming cruise I had no other choice other than to suffer through it. I actually met some friends for a pickleball match while I waited on hold. We got in two full matches while Disney's hold music emanated from my pocket. I can only imagine what other people thought of my music selection for the court.

Because calls before you took longer than average. My call today only took about 15 mins. But the last time I called they couldn’t figure out how to fix my technical issue cause by their system update, and that call took 2 hours. Suspect something similar happened on calls this morning and slowed down the queue for everyone after.

Not the case. I was on at 859 dialing got through straight away at 9 on Saturday morning. Said my wait time was 37 minutes. 90 minutes later it suddenly said my wait time was 533 minutes. So not sure what’s going on with their quee. Your one of the lucky ones.
I've done it successfully many times, so it isn't random luck. It regularly works. Perhaps times have been unusually extreme lately due to the system "upgrade". Funny though that I called midday yesterday and only had a 40 minute wait.

Maybe everyone has read my advice on these boards & is now calling first thing.

Had to call an airline today to resolve a travel credit issue. As soon as I connected a message apologized for abnormally long waits due to increased call volume. No estimate given, so I had no idea what the wait would be. It was 10 minutes. And the representative (who was wonderful) also apologized for the time it took to resolve my problem. Which was less than 5 minutes. After multiple attempts to contact DCL over the past week with all the same sorts of problems others have noted, maybe my expectations have just been beaten to a ridiculous low, but this interaction felt like a breath of fresh air.

Very glad I cancelled my Hawai’i sailing earlier this year (I’m not comfortable travelling yet, it’s not due to the requirements) - there’s a number of people still in the cruise group who won’t be able to sail due to their vaccination status who seem to be leaving cancelling to the last minute. Could make for an even bigger mess in the run up to the March 30th deadline if there’s a number of people across the Hawai’i and Alaska sailings looking to cancel last minute but end up getting dropped calls and/or ten hour wait times.

Would be nice if this led to some introspection from DCL (😂) and introducing the ability to cancel online…

Would be nice if this led to some introspection from DCL (😂) and introducing the ability to cancel online…
Sadly I think there are too many people who fail to read the terms to allow online cancellations. The phone lines would be in worse shape than they are bow because of everyone doing it wrong—e.g, not understanding concierge deposit is nonrefundable or thinking they can get a refund under Covid policy, but cancelling online and getting dinged with a 75% penalty.

Dcl should have a ”placeholder” callback option so when it’s your turn, they call you back versus just waiting.

Oh, no-- don't give them any idea-- they'd charge us $250 just to make the phone call!

I think this whole waiting for hours for phone stuff that can't be dealt with on line is a total mess. Same with the parks side of things, from what I read. It makes the planning so very much less fun.
We were thinking about trying to cancel and rebook an existing reservation because we could save nearly $900. But I'm afraid that I'd never get through and/or they would screw it all up.
I feel bad for people who have other reasons they need to cancel or other significant reasons to call and they can't get through.

Wondering for those who do get connected--are the cast members just sounding overwhelmed and defeated? Or apologetic for the mess (that I know they didn't create)? Or, just like at the post office, they act oblivious to the queue of people waiting? I feel bad for them. Bet they're getting chewed out at least a couple of times a day.

Very glad I cancelled my Hawai’i sailing earlier this year (I’m not comfortable travelling yet, it’s not due to the requirements) - there’s a number of people still in the cruise group who won’t be able to sail due to their vaccination status who seem to be leaving cancelling to the last minute. Could make for an even bigger mess in the run up to the March 30th deadline if there’s a number of people across the Hawai’i and Alaska sailings looking to cancel last minute but end up getting dropped calls and/or ten hour wait times.

There's a different number to call for those on the Disney wonder sailings that have to cancel by March 30. I saw that in my email that it was a different number from the main DCL. I'm still on the fence with that cruise, I have a member in the party that is now concerned with the new variant. So I'm gonna wait a little bit closer for deciding.

Did they respond to ur email? What was the email address?
The email is in the contact us on the dcl webpage. They haven't gotten back to me yet, so Im thinking its gonna take about a week turnaround time if I'm lucky lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter