• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Anyone getting through to DCL on phone !

I called at 10:00am yesterday to book a place holder. Recording said 188 minute hold time so I held. Two hours in recording say134 minute hold time. At 1:35pm they finally answered. A total of 215 minutes on hold.

I called today at 8:00 - was initially quoted 104 minutes wait, then about two hours later it changed to 334. Finally spoke to CM at 12:48, total time on the phone 291 minutes.

I was able to cancel. They were encouraging me to rebook through chat-so yes, yes you can.
I haven't been able to connect through chat. I wonder if they are extending a grace period for people if they can't get through to cancel. I really don't get what the problem is. The website is a little wonky, but still.....

I called today at 8:00 - was initially quoted 104 minutes wait, then about two hours later it changed to 334. Finally spoke to CM at 12:48, total time on the phone 291 minutes.
May I ask why you were calling? I can't figure out what's jamming up the phone lines so badly.

May I ask why you were calling? I can't figure out what's jamming up the phone lines so badly.
I was cancelling a reservation for an August sailing on the Wonder - current rules make it impractical for a family with a 4-year old. Obviously, the rules might change - our PIF was at 60 days, so another 2 months out - but it would have been too close of a call.
It took all of 3 minutes to cancel our two staterooms; I wish there was a way to do that without having to engage a CM.

Was on the phone for a 3 hour hold for a 2 minute convo today. DW works for a major credit card company and their wait times are 30 seconds. She thinks that it's a throughput issue and that there are not enough employees on the Disney lines to answer questions. Sounds like a good point. A supervisory CM I spoke with to cancel our 12 night med said they're just that busy. Which is true (or both) I doubt we'll ever know

I was cancelling a reservation for an August sailing on the Wonder - current rules make it impractical for a family with a 4-year old. Obviously, the rules might change - our PIF was at 60 days, so another 2 months out - but it would have been too close of a call.
It took all of 3 minutes to cancel our two reservations; I wish there was a way to do that without having to engage a CM.

If you don't mind, which rules? I'm new to cruising and I seem to be finding out rules at a slow trickle, that impact our travel with a 2.5 year old...

If you don't mind, which rules? I'm new to cruising and I seem to be finding out rules at a slow trickle, that impact our travel with a 2.5 year old...
Kids 4 and under have to be masked up, as they are not eligible for vaccines. It's probably fine when you have one child in a family - but when there are two older siblings who can go anywhere without wearing a mask, that just does not work.

Kids 4 and under have to be masked up, as they are not eligible for vaccines. It's probably fine when you have one child in a family - but when there are two older siblings who can go anywhere without wearing a mask, that just does not work.

Ah, I can see that.

I read in WDW Magazine: Additionally, guests under age 5 who are not yet eligible for vaccination will need to wear face coverings in Youth Activities spaces and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. DCL still strongly recommends that these guests wear their masks in all indoor locations, but they won’t be requiring it anymore.

Our child isn't going to BBB and is too young for YA spaces, so I'm guessing he won't HAVE to wear one very often. But we aren't going until April 2023, and I'm REALLY hoping that he's vaccinated by then. If I have to wear one as an example for him, I will.

I DO gotta say that, between not getting to use pools, and not being able to go ashore in Nassau without a DCL excursion, and not being old enough for anything but the nursery, and potentially having to mask, I'm not sure it's going to be a wealth of fun for our son, but let's be honest, this cruise is mostly for his parents. :rolleyes1

Was on the phone for a 3 hour hold for a 2 minute convo today. DW works for a major credit card company and their wait times are 30 seconds. She thinks that it's a throughput issue and that there are not enough employees on the Disney lines to answer questions. Sounds like a good point. A supervisory CM I spoke with to cancel our 12 night med said they're just that busy. Which is true (or both) I doubt we'll ever know
It took me 45 minutes to get through to Royal which is long for them so I'm sure cruise lines are busy, but seriously what's going on at DCL is absurd.

I have been trying to get through to DCL for days to cancel our upcoming cruise. I see that chat is mentioned as an option. I don't see a chat option on the website. where do I find the chat option? Willing try anything

Why do you have to call to cancel? I just canceled on the Costco Travel website and my refund was credited in a couple of weeks

I have been trying to get through to DCL for days to cancel our upcoming cruise. I see that chat is mentioned as an option. I don't see a chat option on the website. where do I find the chat option? Willing try anything
You aren't imagining things, it isn't always there. I think they must pull the link when they get real busy. When it is there it appears on the right-hand side of the screen and says "Chat Now" or something similar.

I haven't been able to connect through chat. I wonder if they are extending a grace period for people if they can't get through to cancel. I really don't get what the problem is. The website is a little wonky, but still.....

I got lucky. Couldn't wait on the phone 5 hours-that is ridiculous. I was in the process of sending them an email when I tried the chat. I got a spot in a queue. Took about 20 minutes to connect, but it finally did.

I called at exactly 9 AM EDT this morning and had a 42 minute wait time. Now 1 hour and 20 minutes later I now have a 442 minute wait! :crazy2:

Trying to cancel our Vancouver - Hawaii cruise.

You know you've been on hold a long time when the music recycles! 😆

Last edited:
I called at exactly 9 AM EDT this morning and had a 42 minute wait time. Now 1 hour and 20 minutes later I now have a 442 minute wait! :crazy2:

Trying to cancel our Vancouver - Hawaii cruise.

You know you've been on hold a long time when the music recycles! 😆
Also on the phone since 9:00 am. I am having the same experience. I am trying to cancel our cruise as well. Starting to think I should just put a dispute in with the credit card company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter