Is anyone here a parks junkie?

We were 'parks junkies' on our first trip. Arrival day which we spent at DTD (now Disney Springs), then starting the next morning gone at first light and back way after dark five days in a row, then BOOM check out day! I didn't realize how much there was to do at the Fort nor how beautiful it is! I could have kicked myself! Our upcoming trip has 2 full down days built in plus our check in day. Never say I don't learn from my mistakes!

We are going to figure out a down day so we can hang out at the Fort in the middle of the week too :) That or the last day as we pack up, not sure which yet.

We live in South Florida so can travel to the Fort easily and don’t really see Disney as a big vacation destination. We don’t mix “camping” trips with “parks” trips. We are 6 people so the tickets are a huge expense. For the past several years, I wait to get the Florida resident special that has come out at the beginning of the year and will split it over 2 weekend trips. Those times, we make rope drop both mornings and come home as late as possible. MK days we might come back for lunch but usually eat lunch and dinner at the parks.

Our camping trips at the Fort - New Years, Spring Break, summer trip - we live at the campground. We have no kitchen so we cook all our meals outside, we hang at the pool, bike around, happy hour at the site, maybe a boat ride or a monorail loop.
Both kinds of trips have their charm.

We are going to figure out a down day so we can hang out at the Fort in the middle of the week too :) That or the last day as we pack up, not sure which yet.

Great minds think alike! We're doing both! Down day mid-stay, then down again Saturday to relax and pack. We're doing 5 park days, but since it was only $22, we've just added a day to our tix in case we decide to 'pop over' to one of the parks for a bit on a 6th day, so.......

We live in South Florida so can travel to the Fort easily and don’t really see Disney as a big vacation destination. We don’t mix “camping” trips with “parks” trips. We are 6 people so the tickets are a huge expense. For the past several years, I wait to get the Florida resident special that has come out at the beginning of the year and will split it over 2 weekend trips. Those times, we make rope drop both mornings and come home as late as possible. MK days we might come back for lunch but usually eat lunch and dinner at the parks.

Our camping trips at the Fort - New Years, Spring Break, summer trip - we live at the campground. We have no kitchen so we cook all our meals outside, we hang at the pool, bike around, happy hour at the site, maybe a boat ride or a monorail loop.
Both kinds of trips have their charm.

That makes sense- it would be similar to us camping at a Jellystone- those are fairly pricey for a campsite, but the amenities are amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter