Is anyone still wearing masks indoors at Disney?

My family will be wearing ours later this month. I have mask lanyards that work great, so if we are outside and not in a crowd we can pull the mask off and let it hang around our necks.

At home I have noticed more people wearing them in the stores again.

We were there at the end of July and sometimes it ranged with how many were wearing masks but as the trip went on we saw far more cast members wearing them than at the beginning. We carried them with us for whenever we felt uncomfortable in crowds. But no one will think you are strange for doing it.

Just curious how this worked out for you? This is our plan too. Did you eat indoors? We were going to attempt to mask to the table but I mask while eating. Not sure if that’s pointless tho like if once unmasked at all it won’t matter. We want to try to avoid Covid if possible tho, knowing going is still a risk. We had friends go successfully in June.
We didn’t get covid.

We only ate indoors once- breakfast at toponlinos. It was taking a risk, but I was willing to take one. Also planned it at the end of the trip, so it would reduce the risk we’d get sick while on the trip.

Everywhere else we ate outside- did a lot of quick service, but also Nomad lounge, homecomin, geyser point.

I'll be wearing one the first couple days of my trip indoors but then I'm phasing it out. For me, it's not so much about not getting it (been there done that and I work in special ed and my husband works with the public so going to get it a billion more times), it's about not getting sick until I get home. I didn't think twice about not masking in February because I'd had it a month earlier but for my trip in 10 days, it's a different situation. I'm not looking forward to masking again. With the exception of one doctors appointment I haven't worn one since I got off the plane in March.

I'll be wearing one the first couple days of my trip indoors but then I'm phasing it out. For me, it's not so much about not getting it (been there done that and I work in special ed and my husband works with the public so going to get it a billion more times), it's about not getting sick until I get home. I didn't think twice about not masking in February because I'd had it a month earlier but for my trip in 10 days, it's a different situation. I'm not looking forward to masking again. With the exception of one doctors appointment I haven't worn one since I got off the plane in March.

This is my logic as well. I know there's a risk. I've been to wdw twice now since covid. I don't want to get sick at all, but I really don't want to get sick while I'm still on vacation.

I was there in April and in the middle of my trip masking on buses was dropped. I wore one sometimes indoors if it was really crowded, like the stretching room in HM. I caught a cold on Thursday, I was leaving on Saturday, so I double masked all the times when indoors and single masked all the time when outside, just so no one else would catch it from me. There were still people masked indoors but hardly no one outdoors. I'll be there again at the end of Aug. and will have a few with me. I'll carry a disposable one in a plastic bag in my pocket or bag, (if I'm carrying one) and that way I'll have one in cases where it might be a little too packed.

And just for the record, no I did not test but am pretty sure it was just a cold and not anything else. The only symptom I had was a stuffy/runny nose and an occasional cough. No fever, no lose of taste or smell except what you always get with a stuffy nose. No headache, no chills, no flu like symptoms. My head was stuffy because my nose was and I went through tons of hand sanitizer (I sanitized my hands before I touched anything while in public and always turned my head away from other people on buses and in tight places just to make sure others didn't catch it) and kleenex but that was it. It did last longer than the usual cold once I got home, maybe 2 weeks and hubby did catch it and it lasted 2 days for him after I got home. I did not leave my house for 2 weeks after I got home. Then I left it once to go to an outside Farmers Market and went to the grocery store, where I masked up just in case. I was showing no symptoms by the time I went to both those places. I made hubby test at the 3 week mark because he was going to visit his parents but he was negative.

Thanks everyone! I don’t really care what others are doing or what anyone thinks us, I guess I was just curious.

The kids and I had Covid in the very beginning, and DH had it recently. I’m not so much worried about getting it - I just don’t want it on vacation! We haven’t been to WDW in 4 years and this is a big trip for us so I don’t want to spend it sick in the room, ya know?

Thanks everyone! I don’t really care what others are doing or what anyone thinks us, I guess I was just curious.

The kids and I had Covid in the very beginning, and DH had it recently. I’m not so much worried about getting it - I just don’t want it on vacation! We haven’t been to WDW in 4 years and this is a big trip for us so I don’t want to spend it sick in the room, ya know?
Totally makes sense! I was there in mid-July and I masked anytime I was indoors or crowded outdoors. Definitely less than 5% masked, but enough that you could always see someone else masked and not feel totally alone, if that makes sense. I was solo, and only ate indoors a couple of times, always at lounges that were not at all crowded and no one near me. Like you, it's not so much that I was worried about getting sick - we had another trip planned the next week and I didn't want to interfere with that.

We masked indoors and on flights on our Memorial Day trip. Definitely in the minority but that's fine - I don't give a rats patootie what anyone else thinks. We also still mask indoors at home in stores etc. but not so much outdoors - but mask wearing indoors where we live tho not required, is still probably 60-75% voluntarily wearing them. Our DS (25) masks everywhere - we had to ask him if he would take it off for Photopass pics etc. We plan on doing the same on our Sept trip. Not sure tho about how that will work on our MNSSHP night. May have to bend our rules a little bit on that one. DH and I have thus far escaped catching it but DS had it in the spring and has no desire to repeat the experience.

Yup, don't really care what anyone else thinks or does, it is what we want to do to try and stay healthy! We have been trying to take this trip for 2 years and haven't been in 5. If we need masks to make us safer/more comfortable and make the trip happen, then that is what we will do!

Frankly I think folks walking around gnawing on a giant, slimy turkey leg will stand out far more than anyone wearing a mask.

I work in retail, I don't even notice masks/no masks anymore. You do you, it's no one else's business.

We always wear masks indoors and outdoors unless there aren't a lot of people around. We ate indoors at table service restaurants. We wore masks unless we were eating or drinking. We went in December, January and May. I noticed more people wearing them on the resort buses in May than in stores. The other trips I think still required masks. We have a trip booked for December. We will probably still wear masks during that trip.

This...Feel the same.
If we get it, just don't want to be sick while there where it ruins the trip or we need to stay in our hotel room.
DH, DS and myself all just got over covid so hopefully have some protection (assuming it was omicron and so should be same/similar strain). But....even though in the same house, DD managed to avoid it so she is at risk and I worry about her getting it while there.

• We'll be wearing masks on the airplane/ariport/uber.
  • We won't be wearing masks while outdoors.
  • We do have a couple ADRs, but even so, coming in August we'll want to go inside where the re is Air Conditioning when we can (QS or TS).
  • Not sure if we'll be wearing masks indoors for rides, stores, etc. Maybe at the start of vacation but less at the end? Will play it by year. (But I'm not one to care if we are the only ones wearing them. We come from Ontario, Canada where masks are common and used regularly)

1 out of 20 families would on bosses and indoors.....1 out of 50 in open air. As it should be. you choice, you mask or not mask based on you.

This...Feel the same.
If we get it, just don't want to be sick while there where it ruins the trip or we need to stay in our hotel room.
DH, DS and myself all just got over covid so hopefully have some protection (assuming it was omicron and so should be same/similar strain). But....even though in the same house, DD managed to avoid it so she is at risk and I worry about her getting it while there.

• We'll be wearing masks on the airplane/ariport/uber.
  • We won't be wearing masks while outdoors.
  • We do have a couple ADRs, but even so, coming in August we'll want to go inside where the re is Air Conditioning when we can (QS or TS).
  • Not sure if we'll be wearing masks indoors for rides, stores, etc. Maybe at the start of vacation but less at the end? Will play it by year. (But I'm not one to care if we are the only ones wearing them. We come from Ontario, Canada where masks are common and used regularly)
Coming from Ontario too and this is just about my plan. I bought N95 masks for our trip and we will mask up whenever we feel the risks are higher. Prob not when dining indoors though (which we will do since it IS August). The only fireworks show we are doing is Harmonious and I’m still debating what we will do. I think we will decide on the spot depending on how risky the situation feels. It’s way less crazy at Epcot vs MK so we may feel safe enough to stay maskless for the fireworks.

It’ll probably be a risk vs hassle thing. If it’s no big deal, why not slap on a mask just in case? If it’s insanely hot and we’re melting outside, I’m pretty sure we will skip the masks.

I still wear one whenever I leave the house. I have taken almost a dozen trips to WDW since they reopened, with varying mask requirements, and I fully masked each time. I wore a mask even on my most recent visit, when very few people were doing so. No one commented to me either way for doing so.

At this point, you do what feels correct for you and your family. For some that means to continue masking, and for others it means no masks at all. I still mask everywhere because I am looking for work, and I would hate to miss a good job opportunity because I was sick with Covid.

We were there early July and masked indoors and in very crowded outdoor areas- like waiting an hour for rope drop.

Very few other people were masked, not zero, but far less than 10%.

No one said anything to us at all, if that’s what you are worried about.
I’ve been the marked minority wearing a mask at WDW (inside and where it’s crowded). No one has remarked on it. I live in a red state and am often the only one in a store with a mask. No one has ever remarked on it. I think you will be safe masking—in more than one way.

I don’t care what anyone else thinks. I’ve made it this far without getting Covid. I’d feel terrible if I passed it on to a friend or relative so I’m trying to avoid that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter