Is anyone there right now? If so, how are y’all surviving the heat? We arrive Sunday and I’m worried.

My thought was that the particular A/C units in the building simply couldn’t keep up at those temps.

On the other hand, Great Moments with Abraham Lincoln was absolutely freezing (which was glorious!).
It is our fairly frequent habit to visit Lincoln ... but the super A/C is a much-appreciated added benefit!!

Was there Sat & Sun.
So many people in the Animation Bldg. when we got out of Turtle Talk, more people were there all sprawled out on the floors. Not just to the sides. Not in any organized fashion. Those in wheelchairs could barely pass by. I’m honestly surprise there was no attempt to clear any paths. I get being understaff, but it was madness.

We stayed the weekend, thank goodness. Our last two visits in August, we were always the unlucky ones forced to park at the rooftop. (Also seeing how empty the other levels were was frustrating) the saving grace was that were were close to the escalators vs the very far corner.

Should have come today instead! 😆
Your Sunday recap truly echoed our experience as well! We were there 11 hours on Saturday and while hot, still found it manageable. (Well-timed Splash Mountain and Lincoln breaks definitely helped.) Luckily Sunday was just a morning stop at DCA before heading home, but it truly was unbearable. I was feeling all melty and overheated even while standing indoors at Pym's waiting for my mobile order. And you nailed it how even walking from place to place in the heat was oppressive and would wear us out. I couldn't believe how many people were in the park. We didn't get there until after 9 and I saw wait times for Monsters and TSMM quickly go from 5-10 minutes to 25 to 70. We stayed until 12:30 and that was only after a long break in the Animation Academy building. (Which was so packed, it stopped feeling cool, though still better than outside.)

Related to a separate post, I'm so glad you found that bucket hat for your niece! I saw it while shopping on Sunday morning and planned to reply in your thread, but then saw you already had it. Wishing and sending so many good thoughts to her and your family.

Your Sunday recap truly echoed our experience as well! We were there 11 hours on Saturday and while hot, still found it manageable. (Well-timed Splash Mountain and Lincoln breaks definitely helped.) Luckily Sunday was just a morning stop at DCA before heading home, but it truly was unbearable. I was feeling all melty and overheated even while standing indoors at Pym's waiting for my mobile order. And you nailed it how even walking from place to place in the heat was oppressive and would wear us out. I couldn't believe how many people were in the park. We didn't get there until after 9 and I saw wait times for Monsters and TSMM quickly go from 5-10 minutes to 25 to 70. We stayed until 12:30 and that was only after a long break in the Animation Academy building. (Which was so packed, it stopped feeling cool, though still better than outside.)

Related to a separate post, I'm so glad you found that bucket hat for your niece! I saw it while shopping on Sunday morning and planned to reply in your thread, but then saw you already had it. Wishing and sending so many good thoughts to her and your family.
Awwww you are so sweet to think of us! The bucket hat was really perfect and the ball cap was surprisingly soft.

We were there last Wednesday when it was super hot. Highly recommend jumping on IASW, were minimal waits, and the AC was working very well. Docking Bay 7 if you can get a table also good, not as crowded as other parts of the park tucked away in the corner of Galaxy's Edge. Mid day break to head out to the pool and rest was a must. Move from shade to shade. Drink lots of water. When pausing to decide next step or check a map, do it in the shade also. Tropical Hideaway with Dole Whips was never too crowded with some shade. PoTC another good A/C choice but lineup outside long at times with minimal shade.

Here since Saturday night. The early entry is almost useless, as turnstiles don’t open until 7:30 with very long lines. I am ok with only Tomorrowland and fantasyland BUT Sunday am, Space mt. was down. Today, Peter Pan and all others except Dumbo, teacups, carousel, and maybe Pinocchio were closed. The others opened at 8.

The heat is pretty brutal, but having fun. Got soaked on Pirates Sunday, it was like a bucket of water was tossed at my face. Dripping down my face, clothes also somewhat soaked. Funny but a shocker, row 2 right side. Rode today no issues so a weird fluke rogue wave.

Splash mt Sunday night, DL Splash means drenched from head to toes, wringing wet. Glad it was last ride. And ALL that occurs BEFORE the final drop. It was still hot at least. Love it here even in heat!

Here since Saturday night. The early entry is almost useless, as turnstiles don’t open until 7:30 with very long lines. I am ok with only Tomorrowland and fantasyland BUT Sunday am, Space mt. was down. Today, Peter Pan and all others except Dumbo, teacups, carousel, and maybe Pinocchio were closed. The others opened at 8.

The heat is pretty brutal, but having fun. Got soaked on Pirates Sunday, it was like a bucket of water was tossed at my face. Dripping down my face, clothes also somewhat soaked. Funny but a shocker, row 2 right side. Rode today no issues so a weird fluke rogue wave.

Splash mt Sunday night, DL Splash means drenched from head to toes, wringing wet. Glad it was last ride. And ALL that occurs BEFORE the final drop. It was still hot at least. Love it here even in heat!
So funny, we rode Splash on Sunday and didn’t get wet at all! We were so bummed because it was so hot! 😆

UGH, just saw the excessive heat warning has been extended until FRIDAY. I have a reservation this Saturday to take my middle on a 1-1 Disney date (have to buy a full price ticket for him as he doesn’t have a Mkey.) Thinking between the heat (who knows if it will abate by then) and the rain warning I should postpone until later in Sept…

UGH, just saw the excessive heat warning has been extended until FRIDAY. I have a reservation this Saturday to take my middle on a 1-1 Disney date (have to buy a full price ticket for him as he doesn’t have a Mkey.) Thinking between the heat (who knows if it will abate by then) and the rain warning I should postpone until later in Sept…
It’s going to rain on Saturday and be much cooler. Possibly thinder/lightening. This is coming from a hurricane that’s moving north from Mexico (which is what is causing this heat wave).

It’s going to rain on Saturday and be much cooler. Possibly thinder/lightening. This is coming from a hurricane that’s moving north from Mexico (which is what is causing this heat wave).
Yeah, we’re in San Diego so similar forcast rainwise. Just rethinking whether the rain will keep more locals like us away or not and thus lower crowds. ;) Since I have to pay OOP for my son I am overthinking things!! However I don’t want rides to be down due to weather, etc.

Yeah, we’re in San Diego so similar forcast rainwise. Just rethinking whether the rain will keep more locals like us away or not and thus lower crowds. ;) Since I have to pay OOP for my son I am overthinking things!! However I don’t want rides to be down due to weather, etc.
It will be crowded regardless. I wouldn't bet on rain keeping anyone away, especially not since all the D23 folks will be there this weekend.

But if you don't mind the rain go for it! I'd take rain over heat any day!

It will be crowded regardless. I wouldn't bet on rain keeping anyone away, especially not since all the D23 folks will be there this weekend.

But if you don't mind the rain go for it! I'd take rain over heat any day!
Forgot about the D23 folks. Honestly that might make me wait … not to be a buzzkill but the amount of tik tok/content creation happening at every turn can be a, well … buzzkill. ;)

Ugh we’re supposed to go Saturday. This weather! I can’t believe now it’s going to rain. We’re native Texans and rain doesn’t scare us, but I didn’t realize it was D23. It’s going to be packed.

Ugh we’re supposed to go Saturday. This weather! I can’t believe now it’s going to rain. We’re native Texans and rain doesn’t scare us, but I didn’t realize it was D23. It’s going to be packed.
Forgot about the D23 folks. Honestly that might make me wait … not to be a buzzkill but the amount of tik tok/content creation happening at every turn can be a, well … buzzkill. ;)
Maybe won’t be too bad until evening. 🤷‍♀️

We are supposed to go Saturday too. My Mom's birthday is Sunday, but we have several other commitments that day, so Saturday was the day to celebrate. But she hates the rain and will not go in the rain. One rain drop and you would think that it was downpouring all day the way she complains. And since we leave next Friday for WDW that is the only day we can go until October. Will decide on Friday if we will cancel the park reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter