Is anyone visiting WDW now. Could you please take photos.

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.

Photos of your resort "handicap or accessible" door number.

Photos of your resort "handicap or accessible" bathroom shower or tub including floor entrance and roof to floor water shower/spout.

Photos of your resort bus stop queue line and interior of bus seats.

Photos of the park's attraction queue lines and wheelchair queue line if it is different from the regular queue with descriptions and comments.

Photos of the park's attraction queue line where they ask you to park your mobility scooter or wheelchair before you get on the ride and where you get off the ride (if it is different area) with descriptions and comments.

Photos of the park's attraction ride vehicle.

Photos of the park's attraction ride vehicle that is modified for wheelchairs to ride, open and closed.

Don't worry about framing the photo or trying to get the perfect photo.

I will "crop or reframe" the photo with software to get the best photo.

I will "refocus or clean up" the photo with software to get the best photo.

Last edited:

Photos of your resort "handicap or accessible" bathroom shower or tub including floor entrance and roof to floor water shower/spout.

Photos of the park's attraction queue lines and wheelchair queue line if it is different from the regular queue with descriptions and comments.

Photos of the park's attraction queue line where they ask you to park your mobility scooter or wheelchair before you get on the ride and where you get off the ride (if it is different area) with descriptions and comments.

Photos of the park's attraction ride vehicle that is modified for wheelchairs to ride, open and closed.

Don't worry about framing the photo or trying to get the perfect photo.

I will "crop or reframe" the photo with software to get the best photo.

I will "refocus or clean up" the photo with software to get the best photo.
Why what are you looking for?

Why what are you looking for?

It would be nice for those of us that may use wheelchairs or mobility vehicles at WDW to see the recent changes since the reopening and as time continues.

And to have an outline of interesting photos in one place for all to see and possibly added to the disability FAQ thread.

To answer your question, I will try and give my reasons line by line.

Sometimes guests forget their "handicap or accessible" door number" when posting their reviews. It would be helpful for newbies. They could look at a WDW resort map and see the location of the room in relation to the rest of the resort for a reference.

When searching for "handicap or accessible" bathroom shower or tub photos, many of the WDW photos are not representative of a specific type of "handicap or accessible" resort room.

Such as the following:

Florida special accessible room. 1 king bed.

Wheelchair accessible with roll-in shower and 1 king bed. These are a few of my room #0203 at Pop Century Resort.

Florida special accessible room with option for hearing accessibility. 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table. But I am not sure if this accurate for the type described.

Wheelchair accessible with tub and 1 queen bed and 1 queen sleeper table. But I am not sure if this accurate for the type described.

Several posters are curious or the different types of WDW resort queues and WDW park queues whether for wheelchairs or mobility vehicles or regular walkthrough queues.

This is at Disney Pop Century Resort Bus Stop and the wheelchair entrance. It seems every resort and park has a slightly different way for the handicap wheelchair or mobility scooters enter into their bus queue lines. At Pop, just drive through this very short and separate queue with the painted rectangle on the ground that shows the wheelchair and mobility scooter maximum footprint to travel on the Disney Bus.

Last edited:
Continuation from post #17 above.

Photos of the park's attraction queue lines and wheelchair queue lines if it is different from the regular queue with descriptions and comments.

I think it would be interesting to see where wheelchairs or mobility vehicles at WDW might enter the various WDW attractions after the reopening since FastPass is no longer initially available and social distance has initially been instituted.

Some attractions allowed mainstreaming queue. When you arrive closer to the loading area there might be a separate gate that the WDW cast member may open and direct you where to park your wheelchair or mobility vehicle before loading.

There are a few attractions that the wheelchair or mobility vehicle had to enter the exit to get to the loading zone.

The attractions that allowed mainstreaming queue usually have you arrive closer to the loading area. There might be a separate gate that the WDW cast member may open and direct you where to park your wheelchair or mobility vehicle before loading.

There are a few attractions that the wheelchair or mobility vehicle had to enter the regular exit to get to the loading zone.

In addition, when you return after the ride your wheelchairs or mobility vehicle may be in the same place or maybe moved a little further ahead to make space if a lot more wheelchairs or mobility vehicles at WDW enter the queue.

Sometimes the attraction ride exit may be in a different exit area from the loading area where the WDW cast member may freewheel the wheelchair or mobility vehicle for easy access.

It would be nice to organize this type of queue, especially with photos and description of what the poster thoughts.

There may be several vehicle photos already, but I would like to organize more here.

This could be an accessible handicap vehicle or a regular vehicle.

It would be nice if we had photos of the vehicle entrance size, door width photo, the moving loading area, area to compare the different vehicles.

It would be really nice if we had photos of the accessible handicap vehicle as they arrive, open wheelchair entering, positioned, and as it departs.

I wouldn't spend trying to frame the perfect picture. I would take a picture over and over again as fast as your camera will allow because you'll miss a lot of views if you take time to frame a photo.

Before you know it the vehicle is long gone and after the first photo, you might have lost your chance.

I can use software to crop the photo vehicle and to make it look better.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter