Is anything selling?

I always believed that BRV is the superior property after the refurb. It’s quieter, it’s roomier, and more homey. It’s what dvc is supposed to be. CCV is nice but it’s a hotel conversion at the end of the day. The living rooms are tiny compared to other villas.
Absolutely. We are a very young family so we bought CCV for the 2068 expiration and we are only four.

I would of bought BRV in a heartbeat if the expiration was longer. I hope to use both.

I think that you cannot include every room type in the calculation. At least if you do I think you would have to do a percentage of each room type somehow in the formula. You cannot weigh a small number of 9-point rooms equally to say a room that makes up 40% of the resort room types.

I did a calculation using only standard and preferred 1-bedrooms to determine the average points needed and compared those results. I am not 100% certain how I would use the calculation in a formula like the one in the link posted.
I mean sure, that's kind of obvious. But if you want 1BRs, then I don't know why you are even using this math at all. I use just SAP for 1BRs, and I've booked almost all the 1BRs I want.

I mean sure, that's kind of obvious. But if you want 1BRs, then I don't know why you are even using this math at all. I use just SAP for 1BRs, and I've booked almost all the 1BRs I want.
Are Saratoga considered the best sleep around points or are other resorts just as good or better?

Sorry...new here and I can't figure out what SAP stands for.

Sorry...new here and I can't figure out what SAP stands for.
SAP = Sleep Around Points, which are purchased with the intention to use almost exclusively at other resorts at 7 months and to stay at the home resort only rarely. IOW, the cheapest points you can find.

But just keep in mind that there might come a time when you’ll be forced to stay there, so pick a resort where you won’t mind staying if you have no other choice.

@Sandisw - jinx!

I always believed that BRV is the superior property after the refurb. It’s quieter, it’s roomier, and more homey. It’s what dvc is supposed to be. CCV is nice but it’s a hotel conversion at the end of the day. The living rooms are tiny compared to other villas.

But that Grand Villa... It's @MrsNVDISFamily favorite room on property.

BRV is a horrible, terrible, no-good place. You must avoid it at all costs. Just thinking about it will poison your brain. Much better to stick with CCV, or maybe a Monorail Loop resort (even better).

😉 😉 😉

Yes please this. I know... someone... who might buy some BRV points if they drop a bit lower.

Are Saratoga considered the best sleep around points or are other resorts just as good or better?
In general they have been. At times BLT has dipped low enough that with its lower dues and longer contract it's been an alternative. It's kind of a calculation of length of contract, price and dues. Off property resorts might be if you are willing to risk not having something locked in as a backup before the 7 month mark. Aulani - subsidized comes to mind.

But that Grand Villa... It's @MrsNVDISFamily favorite room on property.
We're obviously BRV faithful, and I really don't like the room layouts at CCV (just way too obviously a hotel conversion, and walking through the kitchen to get to the living room makes it feel dark and tunnel-like), but there is zero doubt that the Grand Villa at CCV is hands-down the best GV on property. Sitting at the end of the building, the views of Bay Lake are stunning, and the open floor plan is everything that the smaller villas aren't.

3 Bedroom Grand Villa Tour

SSR is classic for a reason. Long contract, low buy in. The other WDW choices in the top 5-6 in that chart can be as good mathematically. And, obviously, the numbers are tight enough a good buy like a loaded contract can flip the math.

Right now, SSR is the SAP no brainer to me, which I didn't say a year ago. If I didn't want SSR, I'd probably pick BLT, because I think it has room to go up. But I've seen some killer CCV deals, and I don't even like WL.

Can I ask (I’m not sure if this is correct post?) I’m looking at buying a resale SSR contract and live in the uk. I’ve read this post and am getting very confused about brokers and title companies. What do I need to look for and do? I’m looking at the resale companies but what do I need in a check list to make sure they’re doing everything I should. I didn’t know I needed a title company, do I have to provide someone to do that or do they?
Sorry I’m just now panicking that I may not know if something goes wrong.

The broker will suggest a title co., but you can request one you prefer.
Mason
First American
J Sweet
are a few I'm familiar with, and in the end all are about the same and you need not worry. All will get the job done.

Can I ask (I’m not sure if this is correct post?) I’m looking at buying a resale SSR contract and live in the uk. I’ve read this post and am getting very confused about brokers and title companies. What do I need to look for and do? I’m looking at the resale companies but what do I need in a check list to make sure they’re doing everything I should. I didn’t know I needed a title company, do I have to provide someone to do that or do they?
All brokers have Title companies that they normally do business with and will automatically set it up. What you can do is request a different one if you have a preference. Nothing to worry about and nothing you to have to search for unless you really want to. :)

Also, after you negotiate and get a signed contract your interactions will mostly be with the title company for paperwork. The broker is the agent who coordinates the sale. The Title company handles the legal aspects required for transferring including the money exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter