Is April a good time of year to visit TDL?

dimndgal1

One little spark...
Hello, all!
My family and I are about to move to Japan for an extended period and, while eager to see the sites and enjoy the culture, definitely want to visit TDL. We have a chance to do some touring around Tokyo near the beginning of April, and after checking the awesome estimated crowd calendar online, I see that it's a relatively quiet time at TDL. I was wondering if that would be a recommended time to go - in terms of weather and other factors?

I appreciate any advice and look forward to visiting TDL and the other Pacific parks, as well as learning as much as I can about Japan! Thank you!

Just a heads up, Pooh's Hunny Hunt (arguably one of the best rides at TDL) will be closed from April 5th-20th so if you are going early April, might try to get in before it closes.

I might see you at TDR in early April - my MIL and her sister are coming to visit and we are taking them to the parks for a couple days, but unfortunately after PHH starts its temp closure. :(

Just a heads up, Pooh's Hunny Hunt (arguably one of the best rides at TDL) will be closed from April 5th-20th so if you are going early April, might try to get in before it closes.

But note that the Japanese school year starts on April 6, 2015, so the first week of April is likely to be a busy time at TDR.

Our first year in Japan, we spent 3 days at TDR in early April. It was AWESOME! I believe it was the first week of school for Japanese children. Having been back in May, July, September, November...I would say that April was by far the least crowded. We did Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

Thanks for all the great advice!!!
We would actually be looking at going on April 6-10 so apparently we would catch the start of the Japanese school year but miss Pooh... Hmmm, may need to see if we can sneak in on the 5th.

I do plan on going back to TDL during our time in Japan; I really want to see it decked out for the holidays so if we miss Pooh I do know we'll try to catch it next go round. And if we can knock out most of the other stuff this trip, it might make it easier to handle going during a busier period

Thanks for all the info! I am excited not only to see a foreign Disney (one of my bucket list items) but to have a chance to enjoy the country!... and hit some of the crazy awesome amusement parks!

I don't know where you are going to live in Japan, but sometime after Golden Week (sorry, I can't remember the exact dates) until close to when Japanese schools get out ofr the summer, there is a good discount for Kanto residents to go during the week (which works well with American holidays that my family gets off :cool1:).

Also - if you are going to be here with the US military - make sure to go by your ITT office and talk to them about magic kingdom club card.

I don't know where you are going to live in Japan, but sometime after Golden Week (sorry, I can't remember the exact dates) until close to when Japanese schools get out ofr the summer, there is a good discount for Kanto residents to go during the week (which works well with American holidays that my family gets off :cool1:).

Also - if you are going to be here with the US military - make sure to go by your ITT office and talk to them about magic kingdom club card.

Good to know! We were debating going in April or waiting until mid-June, just wasn't sure which was 'better'.
We are going to be in the southern portion of Honshu so outside of Kanto area :sad1:... however, I am super interested in the Magic Kingdom Club card you mentioned. Can you PM me some information? Thanks so much!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter