• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Is Beaches and Cream a Counter Service meal??

nurseypoo5

Better late then never!!!! Right Mickster?!
I was making my ADR's yesterday and asked a CM about B & C and they said "oh its counter service they dont do adrs" I had to call again later and i double checked, this time i point blank asked if beaches and cream was a TS meal or a CS meal on my plan, and this person also said CS.

Now some are telling me its TS. I'm bummed! I dont want to waste a TS on a burger :(

Unless it's changed since I was there in January it is a TS. They don't take ADRs, but a waitress comes to your table, takes your order, brings drinks, then brings food, and you tip=TS.

I agree it is not worth it on the dining plan. We went there in Sept during the free dining. The first thing the waitress told us was this counts as a TS if you're on the free dining plan. Excuse me, all we wanted was a kitchen sink and we knew it was not included on the dining plan. I went back in January with my GD to get a sundae and the people next to us were arguing with the poor waitress insisting that B&C was a counter service, because it wasn't expensive enough or fancy enough for a TS :confused3 .

It counts as a TS on the DDP, but they do not take ADRs. There are a few restaurants like this on the plan.

Personally, I don't feel it is a good use of a TS on the plan. However, there are other places in this price range that are also TS. Be aware that the kitchen sink dessert is not on the plan.

As to people arguing with the waitress....it takes all kinds to make a world. All the literature I've ever seen on the plan lists this as a TS restaurant and states that the take out window is not included on the plan. The plan makes no reference to cost or decor...just says what is and is not on the plan.

nurseypoo5 said:
I was making my ADR's yesterday and asked a CM about B & C and they said "oh its counter service they dont do adrs" I had to call again later and i double checked, this time i point blank asked if beaches and cream was a TS meal or a CS meal on my plan, and this person also said CS.

Now some are telling me its TS. I'm bummed! I dont want to waste a TS on a burger :(

I'd be happy if B&C were CS. I'd definitely use a CS here, but not a TS. I think it might be even more crowded than it already is if they changed it to CS. We were planning on coming here for ice cream one day, maybe lunch if it became a CS. Most likely the CM was wrong. Keeping my fingers crossed. I Love the onion rings! :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter