Is Boardwalk area fun during the daytime?

harmonize4me

Earning My Ears
Hi! I've heard the Boardwalk area is fun to check out at night but we're only spending a weekend in Disney and just don't have time to fit it. We have a 3:20 flight out of Orlando and I thought it might be nice to head to the Boardwalk for breakfast and then walk around a bit before heading out. Is this area nice to check out in the daytime too?

I think the boardwalk is more fun at night. It is very relaxing to visit during the day though. I would not want to stop you from visiting during the day as I'm sure you will enjoy it.

There are no street performers out during the day but the Boardwalk has some nice shops and great restaurants. It's nice during the day.

You know, I've not hit the Boardwalk the last two times I was there.:( :( :( So I'm just going to have to put it at the top of my list for the next time I go. What goes on at the Boardwalk at night? What kind of street performers are there?

Steven

I absolutely love the Boardwalk. I always stay there. but...

Given that you will have to start making your way to the airport around lunchtime, the boardwalk won'tt have had time to come alive. A few places open for breakfast almost no people. In fact people will be outnumbered by gulls. The shop, Needles & Thimbles (something like that) is just the standard store, much the same as you find in any Disney Hotel. A walk round the lake would be fun, as would a look at the Swan & Dolphin lobbies where you will find slightly different merchandise than other resort hotels.

Downtown Disney has better shops, the restaurants are as good, and it would be much more lively on a Sunday morning.

How about a gospel breakfast at House of Blues?

Andrew

I agree, overall nighttime better, but ESPN for lunch is cool if you're in that area.

Having stayed at both the Swan and the Boardwalk Villas, I have been on the Boardwalk during the day. I enjoy it just because of the ambiance during the daytime. It's relatively quiet but a beautiful setting on the water. I also enjoy the shopping and just walking around the circle of the resorts there.

I do however agree that Boardwalk at night is a nice place to be as well with all of the entertainment going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter