Is BOG too scary for little ones?

Lookoutnc

Earning My Ears
Someone told me BOG is a little too "scary" with the lights/music/show they do for my 2 and 4 year old? What are your opinions?

Obviously, it depends on the child, but I strongly say no. I can't imagine it being too scary for anyone. The West Wing room is definitely atmospheric, but it also has a lot of people moving around and making noise etc ...I don't think the average two-year-old would be scared beyond maybe needing a moment to take it all in.

the main room is like a big cafeteria with better art work on the walls. I can't imagine anyone of any age being scared of anything there.

I think that only the West Wing room may be scary. It's themed to look like the West Wing in the Beast's Castle, which means it's kind of dark, with periodic thunder storms. The other two rooms, the Ballroom and the Rose Gallery, are both bright without any scary elements.

I don't see it being scary, but if they are sensitive to noise, I would advise caution. I've been in high school cafeterias quieter than BOG.

I do't think it is scary for anyone. If yout little one is sensitive to the shadowy room, avoid the West WIng. The Music box room is lovely, and my favorite.

I don't see it being scary, but if they are sensitive to noise, I would advise caution. I've been in high school cafeterias quieter than BOG.

If they're so sensitive to noise that BOG bothers them, they're in for trouble. With the exception of a couple of signature restaurants they're ALL noisy.

The west wing has loud lightning flashes and thunder booms and is very dark. The beast picture also switches from the prince to the beast during lightning flashes which I could see being scary to a young one. The other two rooms are brightly lit and don't have anything scary going on. My 5yr old loved the west wing when she was 4 and insists on eating in there on our upcoming trip so ymmv.

My 3 year old daughter was very scared of the west wing room....and she liked the haunted mansion...go figure.

Ditto the other replies... my girls were fine anywhere other than the West Wing. They did go in briefly to look around, but didn't want to wait and watch the rose or the picture. They did love sitting next to the snowing windows. :)

Lights music and show? Did something change?? I am unaware of any of this and I have been there 4 times and sat in every room
The west wing has special effects but I am not aware of a show

Like others have already mentioned, the only room that may be a little intimidating is the West Wing (we love it). If you are going for breakfast or lunch you can pick which room you want to sit in, if you are going for dinner, I would suggest requesting a certain area to sit in but mind you, you may have to wait a bit longer for this. The Rose Gallery or the Ballroom are both great places to eat in (with the Ballroom being more of my favorite) because it is much brighter then the West Wing. Also, know if your child is timid with masked characters, at dinner you will meet the Beast for pictures plus he does make an appearance at the different rooms just to say hi (he doesn't come to the tables though), and to a 2 year old, he could be a little daunting due to his size.

My squeamish DD7 avoids the West Wing and hides from The Beast at dinner. The rest of the restaurant is lovely. We usually try to sit near the "Snow Scene" windows in the Ballroom at lunch. We have eaten there 6 or so times and she still refuses to sit in the West Wing or greet The Beast.

My daughter (who is afraid of everything) had no problems there at all on our last two trips when she was 5 & 6. She actually liked the west wing room because she wanted to see the enchanted rose. I thought she might be afraid to take a picture with the beast but she was also fine with that both times.

There are 3 different rooms. The West Wing has the thunder noise effects and darkness. Depending on the meal time you can choose or ask the CM when you check in to eat in another room. The ballroom or the Rose gallery are not so loud.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter